HUGe interest in my car?

qunvat

Well-Known Forum User
...why is everyone staring at me!?.......

OK so I know most dont like using their 'classics' in the winter (I always do) but it seems most people stuck behind me at the lights are taking pics with their camera fones...am I wanted by the fuzz?

..people in the street stop and stare.....even a school friend of mine with 2 (yes TWO) brand new Ferraris (..he set up a mortgage business, I became a drummer...) LOVED it last night and couldnt stop going on about it.

I did offer a swop.

Madness it is, madness.

Si

Nice one

Si, I'm glad you too use your Z all weathers...I think that makes a total of two of us :D

My mechanic type blokey fella, last time he was doing some work for me, took Delores for a blat and did comment upon how many looks he got whilst driving it.

I use my Z whenever I can. She's currently off road 'cos she needs some welding and I won't use her when the gritters have been out, but as soon as I can dust her off I will.

And yes, lots of looks will come her way. Classic Z's are gorgeous cars and very rare, so bask in the limelight matey and grin back at them!

Si,
I too use my Z in all weathers and it does a daily trip to and from work (see shot of car park attached). I get some looks too and the occasional flash of headlights! I think it's the fact that it is a 280zx and people aren't sure what it is as they're quite a rare breed now.

Attachments

• Typical Car Park (Small).jpg
    Typical Car Park (Small).jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 38
Zs are rare beasties :) I always count how many Zs I see on the way to a committee meeting or whatever, and always without fail will see more Astons and Ferraris on the way than Zs :)

It was the same at Le Mans last year. I saw far more people goggling at my 260 than were looking at the multitude of Fezza's, Lambo's and the like :)

Well I take both of my cars out in the winter and the reaction has been apocalyptic.

Just before Christmas some clevor little trevor hustled past on the inside of a bend and hoofed off down the straight. I gathered up the reins on the ZVR and unleashed hell. Cheeky little overtake halfway down the straight. That'll learn 'em. Old cars indeed!

Slighty Naughty in hindsight!

PS - Nothing quite like a bit of moisture on the road to get the rear wheels steering.

Attachments

• CIMG3762.JPG
    CIMG3762.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 25
Back