HSCC RACE SILVERSTONE 16 oct

D J

Active Forum User
Matt Bannaster took his second overall victory in a row at HSCC finals at Silverstone this weekend.
Qualifying on the second row made his way to the inside of Charles Barter on the way into the first corner putting the 2 240zs into a 1 2 and started to pull away from the rest of the field.
Swapping places over the first 4 laps Matt and Charles as usual entertained the crowds in the wet conditions, a mistake from Charles alowed Matt to break clear and take the win. I was proud to see Matt get his rewards at the end of the season as there now one who puts as much effort into his motor racing as Matt, WELL DONE SUPER STAR.

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,DJ.
Congrat's to Matt & Charles for their Silverstone 1st,2nd.
what other car's participated at this HSCC event,& is it open to
spectator's as I need to experience some race event's as I,m a
novice on that part of Z culture..................DJZ 60.

D J

Active Forum User
ALWAYS OPEN TO SPECTATORS AND NEXT SEASONS DATES WILL BE POSTED WHEN THEY ARE SET. THE Zs RACE AGAINST SPORTS CARS FROM 1970 TO 1980 THIS INCLUDES TVRs LOTUS FERRARI PORCHE AND MANY OTHER MAKES AND MODELS AND THE BEST PART IS THAT THE Zs ARE UP THE FRONT

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Couldnt get any better

Outstanding news -- just sorry I couldnt be there.
Seems like whenever I dont turn up Matt wins, better stay away all next season then ----- no chance

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
Re: Couldnt get any better

Originally posted by SKiddell
Seems like whenever I dont turn up Matt wins

No, it's only when it rains.

Lets hope he wins ALL the races next season.

Ooops, there goes any chance of a decent summer.

Well done Matt.

Mr.F

Inactive
Sorry to be late on reporting on this - an excellent controlled performance from Matt in the conditions. What is not mentioned above is that Class B of the '70s Roadsports were put into the Millers Oils Classic Sports Car race which is for '60s race cars, i.e. allowed more scope in tuning than the '70s Roadsports guys. The 240Zs qualified ahead of an Elan 26R, Marcos 1800GT. Porsche 911E, several E-types, not to mention Crossles, Elvas, Marcos Gullwing GT, Merlyn and Lotus 23B - all class winning race cars in their day. The nearest from that class was the Elan 26R - over 34 seconds behind!

OK - the track was sodden, Matt was on his wet tyres and the rest of the field have to use the same prescribed tyre regardless of conditions, but Hey! - a win is a win, and this one looked every bit as devastating as the wet race win at Mallory. Commiserations to Charles, as Matt and he were shaping up for a great battle in the second phase of the race! Charles had the consolation of fastest lap.

Congratulations also to Julian Barter for a great second place in his '70s Roadsports TVR 3000M and also to Paul Stafford bringing home the other 240Z in 7th overall and 3rd in class.

Thanks also to the '70s Roadsports team for providing a great afternoon barbecue feast to round off the season.

Oh, and by the way, I have been publicising that the HSCC events are full spectator events open to one and all for the whole of this year (and last, and the one before that, and the one before that...). There are regularly four 240Zs competing and, judging by the interest being shown in their success, a few more may be prepared for next year! Dates as soon as...

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Fantastic result!

Seems like we might have a new 'rainmaster'.

Dave did you get Matt's launch control system off the Renault F1 team?

Also did Paul have some rain tyres, when I saw him at Mallory (in the wet) his tyres were almost slick?

D J

Active Forum User
Paul was on his usuall slicks and yes I do have a friend who works in the electronic dept of a front running formula 1 team

racer

Club Member
Thanks guys for all your support. The begining of the season was pretty tough. Coming 2nd to Charles Barter was becoming a bit frustrating, but it all came good in the end!
There are of course some important people in the background that made it all possible. First Dave Jarman who's persistance and expertise never falter. He allways managed to find a solution to
any problems I might have. If you want your Zed to go fast Dave's your man. Thanks Mate for all your hard work.
Also a big thankyou to my biggest sponser Mr F!
Mike has helped me out enormousley this year, especially at Oulton Park wich was a fantastic weekend. He's allways on the end of the phone for advise and on standby with the tow truck in emergencies, Cheers mate.
My mate Ken at Zxs is allways there aswell helping me out when he can, often coming round at a moments notice when I'm haveing my usual pre race panic! thanks mate. Thanks also to this lot for helping me out with bits and pieces or just coming to watch on a regular basis. Rob, Steve, RobG, Linford, Peter, sorry if I missed anyone. Looking forward to next season allready! hope to see more of you next year.