How much will a full 260 engine reconditioned be worth.

Fastededdie

Club Member
Hi all. How much can I sell my reconditioned engine for? 260 Head and Block. It just needs the top end and new timing chain put on and front water jacket; oil gear. I will do that. The engine is running perfect in my car at the present; it is just Iam putting the original engine back in after a re-bore from Berkshire and Classic Engineering.
The compression is 150-160. No smoke just a nice honest clean engine.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi all. How much can I sell my reconditioned engine for? 260 Head and Block. It just needs the top end and new timing chain put on and front water jacket; oil gear. I will do that. The engine is running perfect in my car at the present; it is just Iam putting the original engine back in after a re-bore from Berkshire and Classic Engineering.
The compression is 150-160. No smoke just a nice honest clean engine.

I don't understand the situation with your engine.

If it's in the car running well (always good for someone interested) why does it need reassembling?

johnymd

Club Member
I just don't get it either!! Are you selling the running engine in the car or the ones that's just been reconditioned? What do you mean by reconditioned? You say it needs putting back together and you are going to do that so are you selling it once this is all done? I'm lost, sorry.

Mark N

Club Member
Reconditioned, rebuilt, refreshed, etc. are all fairly general terms.
I think if you specify what work was done during the recondition (i.e. new rings, new bearings, new gaskets, etc.), people may have a better idea of what you are looking to sell and its value.

Fastededdie

Club Member
Sorry for the Confusion. Basically I have an engine that has new pistons; rings; Crank Ground; Bearings top and Bottom.
I was waiting to get my original engine done so I put this one in until I got mine back. Again as above. I had purchased the one I am selling then putting the Original engine back in the car; you know matching numbers and all that. The one in there now runs great with 160 psi Compression.
Or I may just keep it as spare.