...how much is my car worth?!

qunvat

Well-Known Forum User
...Hi all,

I not been here much due to all sorts of reasons!....none because I dont love you anymore.

ANYWAY...caught at the crossroads with the red beast, I've 2 options:

1. Borrow a grand and give it to the master DJ..Dave J and get some head work / rolling road stuff done to take it to where I want it...or..

2. Flog it and get someit else until I can afford it.

I know the ebay route well, geeeeus not the easiest way to nail a deal!
Heres some of the good points, not many bad to be honest.

Floor re built recently.
New clutch last week.
New brake pads/shoes all round.
New red Top facet pump/Filter king.
Triple Dellortos with all the right jets etc according to Des Hammill (he's been helping me via e mail for a while..he wrote the book 'How to Power tune Webers and Dellortos')
Performance exhaust system.
Recent new tyres.
New HT leads.
280zx gear box
" " ignition

...lots more bits and bobs!

..on the down side the usual paint work cracking probs are there in places which is a shame as a year ago it looked like it'd been resprayed from a few feet!...smallish 5 " scratch on door thanks to my garage being just a little too small!.......I guess this (paint probs) is normal though...no sign of rust mind you and as I said the underside was completely re built a few months ago then sealed.

Pics in my gallery taken last year....

ANY advice greatly received!

Si

DJ isn't the most expensive of people but a grand doesn't go very far !

Some more performance maybe, probably a more efficient use of the power your car can supply atm but upgrades breed upgrades - brakes, suspension, tyres......

Hard decision but sell it until you can do it properly on another car....OR.....enjoy the car as a standard Z until you can do it properly.

...ermmm its tough mate. I took it out teaching today and it went like feeee***lerkery.

Just its a little hesitant and it needs ironing out. Theres a cheap local rolling road but he doesnt have many Dellorto jets in case it needs tweeking...maybe some advice from Mr J would be the one...he's been great with me in the past as has Adrian and a few others...
Bloody quick considering it hasnt had any head work I can tip ya!

...But...wots it worth NOW?.....4K?

Ta Si

4k on a good day but only if it's working right ! Will you ever get another one if it does sell ?

yes mate I'd get someit, prob another z !! ... its close now to be honest, will arrange to go DJ ASAP!

Si

Back