How many 280zx are left

steven

Active Forum User
Hi

Just recently joined the club and had a look through the search functions and different threads but can only find a bit of old information in one or two threads, unless iv'e missed it.

Just wandered if anyone knows roughly how many 280zx are left either in the uk or the world.

Thanks

Steven

Thanks, a lot less than i thought.

According to the chart only 10 of my model left. 280zx Targa Manual.

Cheers

Mines 2+2 hard top manual, how many of them are there have your seen my thread Candy red resto in general discussions forum:thumbs:

Derrick

I seemed to remember the figure was 132, so had a quick Google and found the site below. It claims 40 Licensed and 98 on SORN, so a total of 138 for all variants (as of Q4 2012). There are 45 of my model ie: 280zx 2+2 manual Series 1 (hard top), around half are on SORN.

Combined stats (4 models) DATSUN 280 ZX - How Many Left?

No wonder you don't see any on the road!

280zx survey

Who has a 280zx targa on here ,who has a 280zx hardtop ,I would have thought there are less hardtops than targas ,please state if 2+2 or a rarer 2 seater manual or auto :cheers:

Derrick :)

Two with me waiting for new owners:
1980 2+2 manual non-targa
1981 2 seater manual with Kaminari kit and extensive mods

Both in the classifieds...

Mines a 1979 2 seater manual. Mostly in bits but coming together fast. It came off the road pre-sorn, so not covered in the figures.

280 numbers

Hi mine is a 280zx targa auto, just for the record, although 25 years ago when I bought it it was standard, then I fitted a janspeed turbo, lasted for roughly 5 years & then just wrecked the engine, back to standard & then 6 years ago a brand new engine built & triples put on, just for the sound really it's awesome, love this car it's part of me now, I was 19 when I bought it, it's been through a lot with me now, cheers chef:)

Ps

Forgot to say I wanted to ask if anyone had any ideas, I liked the look of the datsun 120a coupe for sale in the classified & thought that someone needed to save it from breaking up, so i bought, had it picked up this week & I think it's great. Anyway help needed I desperately need 2 front wings & 2 sills, price not a problem if any one has any ideas where I can pick them up. Thanks to everyone who can help save this little cutie, cheers chef:confused:

Forgot to say I wanted to ask if anyone had any ideas, I liked the look of the datsun 120a coupe for sale in the classified & thought that someone needed to save it from breaking up, so i bought, had it picked up this week & I think it's great. Anyway help needed I desperately need 2 front wings & 2 sills, price not a problem if any one has any ideas where I can pick them up. Thanks to everyone who can help save this little cutie, cheers chef:confused:

Glad you bought the 120a, I really fancied it, but don't have the room to keep it. Even thought of getting rid of one of the daily drivers, but couldn't justify it in the end.

There is a chap on the forum link below that has one (don't know the guy), also see the finished result on YouTube link below. May be worth contacting him, he is bound to have a few spares stashed away.

Datman's Forum • View topic - Datsun 120A F11 saved for Britain

Datsun 120a F2 Cherry Coupe - Today - YouTube

Mines a 1981 280ZX Coupe, brought it 22 years ago, has now done 58,000 miles. I installed Janspeed turbo at least 15 years ago, plus other mods.

Back