[SOLVED] Heater blower wiring

Wes

Well-Known Forum User
I've got a 240z loom and dash but with a late 260z heater blower and the connectors don't seem to match. If anyone can help solve this by 6pm I'll pay my £15 and join tonight!

Cheers,

Wes

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Is it just one six-pin plug on the heater and one plug on the harness? If so it should be pretty easy to figure out which pins connect where as it should only be a few wires for the relay and a couple for the light.

What colour wires do you have on the heater connector, and what colours are there on the harness connector?

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
41 minutes to go for someone to rise to the challenge
Maybe we will be given an extention of time as need a couple of queries raised by morbias
answered by the thread starter

Wes

Well-Known Forum User
OK but only if we can fix it tonight! I'm gonna go out and look at it in a bit. I think though one has 3 wires and 1 appears to have 2 (from memory)

Will update with pics when I get to the garage!

Wes

Wes

Well-Known Forum User
I'm guessing the fuse box goes in between, but my main issue is whether the connections on the blower look correct to plug right into a 240z loom?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Both.JPG
    Both.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 44
  • Blower.JPG
    Blower.JPG
    830.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Switch.JPG
    Switch.JPG
    783.8 KB · Views: 30

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
The connections look the same as the 240Z. The T shaped one is the blower motor, the 4pin one is for the blower control switch, and the 6pin one is the connection from the heater harness to the dash harness. I think :)

What does the connector on the dash harness look like?

And hey, at least yours are all colour coded, mine were all black where someone had replaced them all :lol:

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Here it is from the FSM:

260Zheater.jpg