Having a 'blond' moment (with apologies to Blonds)

Terry B G

Well-Known Forum User
Can anyone offer any advice on spare tyres.

My 280ZX (I guess like everyone else's) has 205's on the rear and 195's on the front. How does anyone decide which spare to carry?

The answer may be obvious so if I can get away with blaming senility, alcohol or just plain stupidity let me get away with it.

Thanks peeps

Terry

Have the same dilemma on my BMW so have the skinny one. Rear flat = one fat one skinny, front flat = two skinnies.

Sod's law will dictate whatever you choose is incorrect - will a wider one fit the front without fouling ??

Fat ones

Dunno m8, hopefully someone else can answer that one. Alternatively they may be able to tell me where I can get a couple of those 'get you home' spares.

If all else fails, leave it to Green Flag lol

a blind man enters a ladies bar by mistake, finds his way to a bar stool & orders a drink. He sits there for a while and then yells to the barkeeper, "hey do you want to hear a blond joke?"
The bar immediately falls absolutely quiet.
In a deep husky voice the woman sitting next to him says, "Before you tell that joke, as you are blind I should tell you five tings; 1. the barkeeper is a blond girl; 2. the bouncer is a blond girl; 3. I'm 6 ft tall, 15 stone & blond; 4. the woman sitting the other side of you is a blond professional wrestler; 5.the woman next to her is a blond weight lifter. Now think about it, do you still want to tell that joke?"
The blind man has a quick think and says "Nah............not if I've got to explain it five times"

sorry did I go off the thread??????

Alternatively they may be able to tell me where I can get a couple of those 'get you home' spares.

You must have missed my ad - I have TWO 280ZX Space-Sava wheels available for sale!

I missed it too Mike! I guess the Space-Sava wheels are only 14" diameter though? What with me being me I've been trying to find a 16" Space-Sava that will fit - ha! I guess a couple of cans of tyre-weld and my RAC card will surfice ;)

Back to the original question, I'd go with a 195 up front. I have a similar mess up with my BM at the mo', I've got 205s all around but my spare is a 225. Natually I had a front puncture recently and the car felt a little iffy with a 205/225 front combo. Then within a week of fixing the front I got a rear puncture, car was fine with the 205/225 rear axle combo.

Cheers,
Rob

i don't carry any spare wheel, I use (and have used) the foam in a can stuff, I can't remember the name of it right now.

If you get a flat, you just screw it onto the tyre valve and press, the foam inflates the tyre for you and you can get home/gargage/pub.

Only costs about £7.

C.

Everyone elses 280Zx does not run different wheel /tyre sizes. I ran mine on 195/70-14 all round . the one I currently have for breaking had 15x7 wheels all round with the same size tyres all round.
So the answer to my mind is very obvious.
Why make life harder than it already is!!!

it doesn't matter how wide your tyres are if you use "space saver" as you are limited to 80kmh.... the easy answer BY ONE FROM MF! sorted then........from what im lead to belive if you use a wheel/tyre of incorrect size on the same axle you could be prosecuted, but a space saver gets round this by being restricted to 80kph.

Back