Has anyone dealt with this company ?

racer

Club Member
Many guys on here have bought there stuff. It's very nicely made and I've not heard of complaints about there service.

johnymd

Club Member
I've use their lower arms a&e tie rods. Great kit and their really helpful. I like to ring people when ordering parts and they are easy to get hold of.

What parts are you going for?.

sng45

Forum User
I've use their lower arms a&e tie rods. Great kit and their really helpful. I like to ring people when ordering parts and they are easy to get hold of.

What parts are you going for?.

Front & rear coil over conversions

sng45

Forum User
An update on my posts detailed above ........

I ordered a full front and rear suspension set-up from this company on the 19th August - I called them and had a discussion about my requirements and was very impressed with their approach.

Having been told the timeline for order was approx two weeks to produce and around seven days delivery I ordered a full set up and transferred $2,300 as full payment to their account. I asked for my order to be delivered directly to the garage where my car was stored so the suspension could be fitted immediately it arrived which would allow my car to be MOT'd and then registered in the UK. ( I bought the car from LA and imported it earlier this year)

So things looked good - suspension ordered and paid for - approx 3-4 week delivery - I can get my car "sorted" within a month - or so I thought !

Five weeks later I called the garage to check they'd received the suspension - nothing received ! I called "Techno toys" as I was concerned the package had gone missing in transit. They assured me it had been shipped "two weeks ago" - I asked them to check to make sure and requested a shipping reference so I could call the shipping company to track it down. I was kept waiting on the telephone for almost fifteen minutes ( remember I'm calling them in the states) and when "Josh" eventually returned to the phone he apologised and said they'd "forgotten to post it" but " it'll be sent tomorrow"

Ten days later I e-mailed them to ask what was happening with my order - I received a response saying they'd "stripped my suspension and used the spindles from my order for someone else's order " and "it'll only take a week or so for us to replace these parts and send your order" ! Bloody unbelievable !

To cut a very very long story short - in the last three months I've sent them eleven e-mails and called them three times - been fobbed off on numerous occasions - received curt responses to enquiries about my order and when it may eventually arrive in the UK , been on hold on the telephone for 29 minutes calling the states to try and speak to USPS to try and track my order down- and the packages finally arrived at the garage last Friday 13th November. Remember the order was placed on 19th August. It was only when I told them I'd had enough and asked them to re-pay my money that they actually seemed to do anything.

I have owned a lot of cars ( 115 to be exact) I have seven cars at the moment and always ensure I have the best equipment for my cars - as a result over the last thirty years I have dealt with numerous companies for components and spares - without exception "techo toys" are the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I can only assume that had I not started to push for a refund, I would still be waiting for delivery !
My mechanic tells me the suspension received is of a very high standard and is now fitting it to my car - the service received is at the opposite end of the scale and is absolutely atrocious !

I'm looking to finally getting my car MOT'd - registered and on the road - although due to the onset of winter it's likely to be next year when I'm able to use it.

What an appalling experience dealing with this company has been !

BUYER BEWARE !

johnymd

Club Member
Sorry to hear of your bad experience with them and I guess none of us will know the actual reason for this. I found them very helpful and their product superb. Maybe they are a victim of their own success. I know they are a small company and I really appreciated the personal service I got from them but possibley they have grown beyond the level they can cope with.

Look forward to seeing some pictures of your car.

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
I have never had cause to use them but both interested and sorry to read of your horrendous problems. It is infuriating when carefully-laid plans go wrong through no fault of your own and you had paid out a lot of money for this service! Hope all goes well with the car from now and look forward to seeing the finished result.

datsfun

Club Member
T3 products and customer service was always top notch. I guess they may be over trading as suddenly they have kind of gone main stream. As the scene is huge in US I suspect they are overwhelmed with orders etc. Does not excuse the shockingly poor service level that you endured.

Good luck with rest of the build.

johnymd

Club Member
Maybe the whole zed scene has taken off as I had an equally bad experience with some strut braces I ordered earlier in the year. Initial contact and phone calls went well but in the end it took over 6 months to arrive. Several phone calls and always a different excuse but got there in the end.

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry to hear you’ve had an issue, it’s odd as I have bought kit from them on several occasions and never had any issues what so ever.

Very recently (couple of weeks ago) I ordered a full set of adjustable coil over suspension plus adjustable bottom arms, adjustable top mounts, triangulation bars and strut brace.

Discussed the options with Gabriel (part owner), placed order, waited for 14 days and hey presto everything turned up absolutely as ordered, I had several email and phone chats with Gabriel and he was always extremely helpful and accommodating.

Kit is top notch; build quality is as good as anything out there and I would still recommend them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave_Brown

Active Forum User
Was going to place an order in the very near future for weld on coilovers, bottom arms, camber plates etc, might hang on and see if anyone else has issues first lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Have you seen this Steve: http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/123937-techno-toy-tuning-gtx2-control-arm-and-tc-rods/

Dunno if it affects the ones you received or not

Im not using that setup as I already had some T3 TC rods I am using this

P1010021.jpg

Which wont have the same issues ;)

Just to add though, the guy who fitted it and had issues (US) should have noticed something as significant prior to driving it.
Plus it doesnt quiet look right (assembly)

Last edited by a moderator:

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Dave_Brown said:
see if anyone else has issues

Not many people in the UK ordering T3 stuff (or any serious aftermarket stuff for that matter) for S30's......so you might wait a while.

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Im not using that setup as I already had some T3 TC rods I am using this

Which wont have the same issues ;)

Oh I see :)

I thought your car already has coilovers, how come you're swapping over to these? Do they still come with Koni shocks?

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Oh I see :)

I thought your car already has coilovers, how come you're swapping over to these? Do they still come with Koni shocks?

Yes my car has been running Leda (non adjustable) suspension for about 6 years but up and coming track demands will require greater adjustability ;)
Yes they still use Koni's which to me are a plus point, unfortunately they are only single adjustable but they should suffice.

I also like to run quite a bit of castor and the standard bottom arm isnt built for it without modification so rather than modify a 40 year old arm and add a rose joint and bobbins, I bit the bullet and bought new fit for purpose jobbies

BTW if anyone is interested, the full Leda suspension (all four corners) will be up for sale soon.