Gurston down national

ben240z

Club Member
Gurston down holds the next round of the national hillclimb championship on 27th 28th may. Not only will you get to see the top drivers in the country driving 600hp single seater cars at speeds of over 130mph in the speed trap at hollow( the bottom of the hill) but then they are reaching up to 145mph over the finish line. All this on a track that at best is 3metres wide. There will also be the mad motorbikes and trikes, and all the usual classes for mod prod cars and specials. it even runs in the rain as long as there is not standing water.
Practice is on saturday with 1 further practice run on sunday followed by 2 timed runs and the 2 top 12 run offs for the big cars. As it is one of the rounds of the powermec hillclimb championship I will be running in the over 2000cc modprod class. 5 ltr westfield, 3 ltr porsche 911rs, 4.5 ltr tuscan, 4.9 ltr morgan, 4.5 ltr tvr griffith, 3.9 ltr mgb and Dee and myself in my 3.1 240Z. Now how is that for a class. I will also hopefully be running a onboard camara for the runs on saturday. http://www.2t4t.co.uk/ there are a couple of stills from the barbon and harewood meetings on there now. If you get to the meeting then come and find us and we will show you around. cheers ben