Guess the manifold...

Russ

Club Member
Hi,

Finally found time to do some Z work!

Can someone help me identify my manifold. I *think* it maybe janspeed, in which case I'll order a nice exhaust from them, however I'd have thought it was stainless and if so why is it black? I can always send the manifold for a ceramic coat I suppose.

Anyway have done my best with pictures, if anyone needs any more or can tell me how to identify a janspeed I'd appreciate it. It goes 3 into 2 into 1. I can measure the bore if need be.

Thanks very much

Attachments

• DSCF0001 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0001 (Medium).JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF0002 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0002 (Medium).JPG
    80 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCF0004 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0004 (Medium).JPG
    88 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCF0003 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0003 (Medium).JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 75
Hi Russ, looks like a standard Janspeed, they were just mild steel never stainless.Use a Spherex manifold paint, gpood result and cheaper than ceramic, I dont think Janspeed do the Z system any longer they concentrate on new stuff now. Geoff at Auto Active makes up systems for the Janspeeed manifold though, 0117 9442068.
Adrian

Nice one guys.

Spoke to Janspeed and they still have all the tooling for the manifolds and exhausts, you just need to give them 4 weeks or so to do it :)

Thats good news, ta lads.

Spoke to Janspeed and they still have all the tooling for the manifolds and exhausts, you just need to give them 4 weeks or so to do it
And pay them vast sums of money , no doubt!!:eek:

I think the exhaust was £250 stainless with lifetime guarantee, the manifold was down as £450! but the production manager said that was completely wrong and it would be nearer £250 or so again.

I'd be surprised if a Janspeed system was £250 in stainless - they were that price in mild steel five years ago...

:S30: iv got the same janspeed on my 260 but was going to bin it when i put engine back in i rather like the one fourways do. mike do you do one like it??? for less money???

spagit147
260z 2+2

Yes £276 for stainless exhaust. They can do a group buy of a whopping 10% (wowwweeee), but I expect I'm the only one who wants one.

A different person said the manifold is £425... seems a bit expensive to me!

might be pricey but the noise of a stainless Janspeed system will be worth every penny

Russ said:
Hi,
Can someone help me identify my manifold. I *think* it maybe janspeed, in which case I'll order a nice exhaust from them, however I'd have thought it was stainless and if so why is it black? I can always send the manifold for a ceramic coat I suppose.

Anyway have done my best with pictures, if anyone needs any more or can tell me how to identify a janspeed I'd appreciate it. It goes 3 into 2 into 1. I can measure the bore if need be.

Thanks very much

Russ, did you ever find out if this was a Janspeed exhaust? It looks very very similar to one I have just bought rom Ken at ZXS

HOUSEQUAKE said:
I have just bought a 2nd hand SS manifold 3 into 2 with a long y collector.

Manifold collectors are unequal length with a diameter of 1 1/2" into a 2" Y piece. I'm informed it's the same as the exhaust Matt Bannister is using.

I'm asking coz if it is janspeed, i could do with getting the matching back box and connectors section.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be 100% sure you could email them attaching your picture and see what they say, you can also kill two birds with one stone by asking them if they have the bits you need.

The email you need is the technical support one which is technical@janspeed.com

There number is 01722 321833, if you need it.

Good luck!!

No mate, not gotten that far. However I still have my manifold and now probably intend to use it. I have about the same amount of exhaust as you, but I don't have a bend in the end of mine? I can dig it out tomorrow to get some pics.

See if they'll do a deal for two rear sections maybe? My header is mild steel but I could get it ceramic coated.

It appears we have the same manifold :)

I would like a stainless exhaust from there back, if you have ideas let me know :)

Attachments

• IMG_1388 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1388 (Large).jpg
    82 KB · Views: 44
Well it looks the same, I measured the diameter of the tubing and it was (if I remember right) 1 3/4" collectors into a 2" Y piece.

I haven't had a reply from Janspeed yet, if I haven't had one by wednesday I'll give them a call.

Back