Got a 280ZX!

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
I should really change my name now, as I've just bought a 280ZX!:eek:

0f2a_4.JPG

Hi,
That's right!....He only bought it in Feb this year from the Z Farm, but a change in circumstances has meant he needed to sell it again.
It was previously sold by the Z Farm to a titled Lady from Worcestershire, who had it for a couple of years and who had some bodywork done, as it had two tone paint before.
Drove it back from Southport to Warwick yesterday evening, nervously watching all the dials, but it was ok!:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,...............He only bought it in Feb this year from the Z Farm, but a change in circumstances has meant he had to sell it again.........................but the winning bidder didn't want it, so I got it although my bid was considerably lower!
..............to a titled Lady who had it for a couple of years ......................................... nervously watching all the dials, but it was ok!:cool:

I hope you're gonna keep the poor beast a bit - sound like a new age traveller ! At least one ebay story finishes happily ! Of course she ran true - she's a 280ZX, a Nissan at that !

Hi,
It's reasonably tidy, but could do with some TLC, having passed through a few hands recently.
It is a 5 speed manual, but does have a red interior too!...I quite like the metallic maroon paint colour, but may consider fitting a black interior/dash if one became available.
The car also came with a spare unused bonnet, but it was too big to bring home, so I may need to find a reasonably priced courier who could bring it down to me!
One of the first things to change will be the door mirrors, as I prefer the chrome originals rather than the large black ones currently fitted....Anyone got any??;)

The car also came with a spare unused bonnet, but it was too big to bring home, so I may need to find a reasonably priced courier who could bring it down to me!

Jez, PM me your address and I'll let you know if I'm passing anytime soon.
Southport is only a fart away from me so collection isn't a problem. :)

The next drag meet wouldn't be too far out my way to drop it off, so you never know

The next drag meet wouldn't be too far out my way to drop it off, so you never know

I have no idea why I have asked for your address. :unsure:

I have the database of membership. D'oh.

Hi,
Thanks for the offer, but unless you're coming down in a Transit or similar I don't think it would fit?....It's piggin enourmous...too big for the back of my Citroen Picasso....at least with the rear seats in anyway!:unsure:
You've just reminded me that I need to pay my subscription too!;)

Ford vans are bloody marvellous! The transit van was involved in 87% of crimes involving a getaway vehicle in the ay-dees. That's some trust in the blue oval for sure (considering they are good for about 65 mile an hour!) If it wasn't for Henry Ford there would be less famous people with the name Henry so you can thank Ford for that too. And the Ford Fusion. Awesome. They're almost a replacement of those three wheeled vehicles distributed to the handicapped by the British Government in the 1970s (some kind of conspiracy to eradicate them perhaps). They all came in the same washed out ugly light-blue colour.

I hope you're gonna keep the poor beast a bit - sound like a new age traveller ! At least one ebay story finishes happily ! Of course she ran true - she's a 280ZX, a Nissan at that !

Hi,
It's only had 5 previous owners since 1982....My old black Z31 had 10 previous owners before me, in only 8 years...1986-1994!:eek:

Very Nice...(mmm.Donuts!)!!!!! Check my Beauty,I love her and only her....But affairs are secret..Right?

I wouldn't have offered otherwise :devil:

Hi,
Might take you up on the offer, as I tried a carboard box of the same dimensions as the bonnet, to see if it would fit in the back of my Picasso, but although it was ok for length, the width was too great to fit through the rear hatch, even at an angle!

Only trouble is if I don't collect it soon, he's going to scrap it!

Back