Goertz died at 92.....

Thats sad... I naturally assumed the 240 was designed by a Japanese bloke.

Time to look more into this chaps designs I think.

Mark - if this was a map dating from the middle ages, you would be inadvertantly straying into the area marked "Here be Dragons"

The whole Goertz thing is immensely emotive and causes quite a furore when pulled out into the public domain.

Do some searches on him, there is a lot here and it should make interesting and informative reading

Last edited by a moderator:
Z-Car Designer Albrecht von Goertz Dies

totally un-researched "pulp" journalism at its worse:mad:

Unfortunately there is no mechanism to reply to that "news" item (use the term loosely) otherwise it would be "game on":devil:

wot's he die of?

Hi Status he certainly did have a good inning...........& one day decided to look into the Z club forum(searching for hint's of his artistic flare)
He stumbled across the did he doo-dah,nah-no-man-ya wat?
thread & further stumbled into a different orientation.

R.I.P Mr. Goerthz......(with an H)

DJZ 60.:cool:

This is what is written of him in the French press :

The name of the Count Albrecht Goertz resounds with the ear of the automobile esthètes in the same way that those of Michelotti, Giugiaro, Mitchell, Earl, Gandini... Some grant to him (not Nissan!) the Co-paternity of mythical Datsun 240 Z which initiated the line but the complex history of its gestation will always leave a doubt since the man even maintained the blur to him on the subject. Coquettery surely, like the fact never of not contradicting those which think that he is the joint author of Porsche 911!

Can't say I'd liken him to Gandini :bow: :bow: or Guigiaro !

May the myth die with him. My respects to his family.

SKiddell said:
Unfortunately there is no mechanism to reply to that "news" item (use the term loosely) otherwise it would be "game on":devil:

Yes there is - hit the FEEDBACK button at the very bottom of the page and send an email to the editor.

I've sent something - perhaps we all should ??

There goes your chance of a cheap GTO kit !

Here be dragons - but that zone isn't listed on Marks' medieval GPS !

zedhead260 said:
Yes there is - hit the FEEDBACK button at the very bottom of the page and send an email to the editor.

I've sent something - perhaps we all should ??

Then you have a lot to write, if you hit google you'll see they all write about his cars (incluiding datsun)

Back