For you motorcycle guys

uk66fastback

Club Member
It’s worth whatever someone is willing to pay, the old cliche, but at that price I honestly don’t know!

I had a CB900F (A69 MRH) and it was an ill-handling pig sometimes ... so I wasn’t unhappy to see the back of it.

But this super-rare 1100RD looks a cracker. Would be a great bike to own and it’s not like it’d be having lots of miles put on it.

I dare say, not quite the lower end. There was an issue with cam material on these. Effectively they pushed Honda to a 29 year period of unparalleled build quality(since slipped).

it was never quite a proper race/holomo mode either.

saying all the above I’d like it because of all the above.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
I have a Barry sheen 1st edition hard back

I found this in house still in box etc but would someone pay £300 for it

Done my homework and there pretty sort after and collectable

Attachments

• 20200725_102353.jpg
    20200725_102353.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 11
I have a Barry sheen 1st edition hard back

I found this in house still in box etc but would someone pay £300 for it

Done my homework and there pretty sort after and collectable

i use to collect the motocourse annuals.

That year is about £200 if its in nice condition. you won't find the cb1100rd in it. Or any of them.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Since I'm ancient and never learned to ride a motorbike, bearing in mind my eyesight, hearing and reflexes are all to fuck what should I go for classic bike wise. What are the current learning regs for a bike?

Since I'm ancient and never learned to ride a motorbike, bearing in mind my eyesight, hearing and reflexes are all to fuck what should I go for classic bike wise. What are the current learning regs for a bike?

i have no idea on current testing.

as for a bike. Just get whatever you like the look of. I like some of the 60+70’s stuff the Japanese built for the American market, to win the battle for the great outdoors.

mid also like an 1930’s British bike with hand gear controls and Hand ignition

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
No I didn't buy it franky. It went for 12,500 - quite cheap I think, but I also think the earlier RC was the one to have. Apparently the RD was never raced in anger. I liked the homologation/race connection.

My lad has just passed his test and things are a lot better than when I was a kid of 16. I rode my Triumph Cub without ANY training (helmets weren't even a requirement but I wore a secondhand one!). Passed my test by riding around the block being observed by a pedestrian tester. Then I bought a Reliant 3 wheeler and drove it again without ANY car training at 16! Later I bough a few bikes, last one was a Suzuki 750. At the time I didn't have a car just the bike.

My lad has had very good training and testing and now has a Triumph Street Triple.

I liked that Honda but realised that I probably would never ride it having not ridden for 40 years!

No I didn't buy it franky. It went for 12,500 - quite cheap I think, but I also think the earlier RC was the one to have. Apparently the RD was never raced in anger. I liked the homologation/race connection.

My lad has just passed his test and things are a lot better than when I was a kid of 16. I rode my Triumph Cub without ANY training (helmets weren't even a requirement but I wore a secondhand one!). Passed my test by riding around the block being observed by a pedestrian tester. Then I bought a Reliant 3 wheeler and drove it again without ANY car training at 16! Later I bough a few bikes, last one was a Suzuki 750. At the time I didn't have a car just the bike.

My lad has had very good training and testing and now has a Triumph Street Triple.

I liked that Honda but realised that I probably would never ride it having not ridden for 40 years!

Thats what I said above, I like the homologation connection but it has zero race history. I've only got one homologation model now. I'd like one other then I think i'd just sit on them.