For sale on e-bay 240z

And much to my surprise there is no mention of that iconic 80s sunroof that some misguided person has fitted.;)

Maybe I can send him a message offering him my new roofskin:rofl:
Well spotted, i completely missed that :bow:

Mmm nice I like the carpeted style rear quarter trim,:eek: but ive kept the diamond vinyl on the rear struts:devil::lol::lol:!!!

On the plus side i can see a picture of a very desirable UK extra thru the rear window..........................
A Tartan blanket.:bow:
So all you need is to pop your picnic basket in there with it and tootle off out for a meet with like minded S30 owners.:thumbs:

:D:D:D

On the plus side i can see a picture of a very desirable UK extra thru the rear window..........................
A Tartan blanket.:bow:
So all you need is to pop your picnic basket in there with it and tootle off out for a meet with like minded S30 owners.:thumbs:

:D:D:D

Oh yeah I will purchase 1 as soon as and next time I visit we can have a picnic at yours mate:D:D:lol:!!!

Have a budget of around 12k

Take your time and look around. You should get something reasonable for that budget.
But everything you look at needs going over with a magnet AND a fine tooth comb.
The magnet quite literally. every area of painted bodywork needs to be checked for filler.
Every little item and detail needs checking.
although we have been having some banter on your thread the point is that a sunroof seriously devalues a car.
Missing parts/wrong parts/ parts needing expensive repairs like bumpers and seats all have a negative effect on value.

Have a budget of around 12k

At that i'd be looking for the very best of fresh LHD imports and go from there? Budget a couple of k to get bits done/fixed and you'd be under budget.

Either that or drop PMac a PM and ask him if he's still got the nice one sat in his garage......

At that i'd be looking for the very best of fresh LHD imports and go from there? Budget a couple of k to get bits done/fixed and you'd be under budget.

Either that or drop PMac a PM and ask him if he's still got the nice one sat in his garage......

Where do you look for fresh imports?
I must admit i do keep looking at this, looks nice and love the colour :thumbs:
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C423183
But at that price i would not be able to do any of the changes i would like to (change the rims, lower it abit and change the fuel injection for carbs)

I really think you should drop Pete a message, he's got one thats already been registered etc but I don't know if he's planning on doing more with it himself, well worth a message.

There's a few places to get one, I got mine in the end from SJ Classics in the new forest, he was very honest in his description and provided about 100 pics before buying/viewing. It was also the most complete.

I think that 280Z is well over priced, have you seen the other 280z on ebay, ^£6600 will get that which makes it a very good prospect.

I must ask, what the hell is that?! :eek:

The Knight Industries Two Thousand has a lot to answer for during the eighties!

4a87a831c11fc2106f4831da4252f5bf_zps70fc83ab.jpg

Don't know but I might want one in my next Batmobile! Do you think they could incorporate a shift stick in there too? Sure Adam West had one!

Saw very much the same roof stereo instal in an Essex liveried Lotus Esprit yesterday (one of only 45 built) - rare and sought-after option!

46f1f8d5.jpg

Lotus_Esprit_Essex_Turbo_1980.jpg

The car subject of the thread is certainly interesting !

New to the site and looking around for a 240z ( have posted in appropriate section to say hi), had a few classics over the years but never Datsun, had a look at one or two recently and I think they just fit the bill . Looking for an on the road usable car rather than basket case or project.

I have had a look at the car subject of this thread today , I guess these are difficult to value as prices seem all over the place . There are clearly issues with originality such as sunroof , seats , trim , bumper needing sorting etc and the car is not taxed or actually in use despite being mot tested - could throw up a whole myriad of issues if pressed into use again..........

Tickover not very smooth from cold and sounds a little top endy / tappet noise but I do quite like the idea of this car - any advice on a realistic market value as I do think its quite over priced !

The car subject of the thread is certainly interesting !

New to the site and looking around for a 240z ( have posted in appropriate section to say hi), had a few classics over the years but never Datsun, had a look at one or two recently and I think they just fit the bill . Looking for an on the road usable car rather than basket case or project.

I have had a look at the car subject of this thread today , I guess these are difficult to value as prices seem all over the place . There are clearly issues with originality such as sunroof , seats , trim , bumper needing sorting etc and the car is not taxed or actually in use despite being mot tested - could throw up a whole myriad of issues if pressed into use again..........

Tickover not very smooth from cold and sounds a little top endy / tappet noise but I do quite like the idea of this car - any advice on a realistic market value as I do think its quite over priced !

I don't think it could be valued without seeing it:unsure:

To be fair there's a few dogs for sale at 10K, it seems nice ones are 25k, very good ones are pushing 30k.

Whats been done or needs doing bodywise as thats where the cash will get soaked up. If you don't want a sunroof I guess you're looking at £3k's worth of work? Or can you live with it as you'd get it cheaper? I wouldn't worry too much about the engine.

So you can't really put a value on it without seeing it, under it, in it. So on that basis i'd say £12.5k:D

Back