Floor Pan Differences

s2k_adz

Club Member
Hey Guys,

I am after a replacement drivers floorpan for my 78 260Z. I am hoping to keep it looking at original as possible so I dont want to use flat panels. MJP supply a floor pan that fits but they only seem to sell it in a full set, and I only need the drivers side!

I was wondering if the 240Z and 260Z pans are the same and if anyone knows where I can buy just one side?!

Many thanks!

The later 260Z floor pans are different to a 240Z early 260Z and the chassis rail that runs under it is different as well.

Hey Guys,

I am after a replacement drivers floorpan for my 78 260Z. I am hoping to keep it looking at original as possible so I dont want to use flat panels. MJP supply a floor pan that fits but they only seem to sell it in a full set, and I only need the drivers side!

I was wondering if the 240Z and 260Z pans are the same and if anyone knows where I can buy just one side?!

Many thanks!

Late model 260Zs have a different floor pan and chassis rail set up in comparison to a 240Z.
As you already know I can get 240Z floor pan sets made but they wont fit your 260Z.
Like the MJP import sets I make them in pairs to keep costs as low as possible. A full sheet of steel makes two pairs. High machine set up costs mean its only cost effective to make two pairs at a time in my case.
Im sure there will be a similar reason for Mike at MJP but you would need to speak to him directly to confirm.

Thanks for your replies guys! PMac, I understand re costs etc. However, I'd be happier to buy a slightly higher price for the one side than to spend MUCH more on a dual pan I wont really use.

Thanks Moggy for that link! I will give them an Email now!

Back