Final Job for 2015 240Z rear lights

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Assembling three components from three different sources was never going to a five minute job.
Original ex US car bodies.:thumbs:
Reproduction lenses from one source.:unsure:
Reproduction centre strips from a different source.:unsure:
A fair amount of fiddling/filing and swearing later and Im there.
Using grey Sikaflex to mimic the original sealant shade only allowed one attempt at fitting.:(

Two hours later and its all done.:cheers::bow::D
Im happy with the result and Im sure the owner will be too.If not then too bad. I wont get paid and the lights will never come apart:eek:
So in the spirit of Xmas is you have any "happy clappy " type of comments to make now is the time......;)
If you dont like them or dont approve the use of non genuine products then now is the time to leave the room.... as Match of the Day follows after this program.:smash:

Attachments

• DSCF5655.JPG
    DSCF5655.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF5654.JPG
    DSCF5654.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF5653.JPG
    DSCF5653.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 65
Looks and and I had considered this route myself. Until I tried out some Amber led bulbs and found they make red lens look Amber.

I tried out some Amber led bulbs and found they make red lens look Amber.

These are going on an original UK car John which is underging a full resto to a high standard..
We never had any US lenses only good bodies.
Even if I had the owner would never have considered that route.

They look good Pete.

I do have one question however, was the centre pin on the chromed strip long enough?

Happy Clappy :thumbs:

There must be some mileage in making those although I do realise your hourly rate is extortionate!

They look good Pete.

I do have one question however, was the centre pin on the chromed strip long enough?

Strips are fixed on with Sikaflex. I didnt have any clips so I never looked at the pin length critically.
They were put on once I had the lenses in..

Where would one find reproduction lenses? Looks good.
i believe they are made by a Canadian outfit called KlearZ.
I didnt buy the stuff I was just the fall guy who got sucked in to the job on putting them together.:rolleyes:

Back