Feed for Heater Fan

Peato40

Well-Known Forum User
Hello All,

1977 RHD 260z 2+2

I'm having a spot of bother with my heater fan not working. I've figured out that I'm not getting a 12 Volt feed to it and have traced the wire (green) back to the white C-7 plug, under the steering column. From the other side of the plug, the wire disappears into the engine compartment and that's where I lose it. Presumably the wire goes into the engine department as some of these cars were equipped with AC but mine was not. I have a 260Z RHD wiring diagram and it shows the wire (green) in C-7 connector block just as I have it but then the wiring diagram doesn't show where it then appears in the engine compartment.

Green wires not to be mistaken for the horn feed.

I presume in the absence of AC, this wire should be connected to a switched positive but without unwrapping all of the harness it's difficult to find the wire and what it should be connected to in order to get the much needed 12 Volts.

Anybody advice would be very much appreciated.

Russell

Club Member
My wiring loom is currently completely removed from my car and although it would be from memory, I would suggest that it goes through to the fusable links. Nowhere else under the bonnet for it to go.

No fuse for it in the driver kick panel fuse box?

If you are really stuck, I can probably dig my loom out of its dusty box and trace the wires back.