Fao Ben Stapley

Russ

Club Member
A complete run, fantastic! Nice gear changes Ben, is that just a standard box and some skill???

Can we beg them that they let us use the footage (higher res if possible with their url super imposed) for the JAE dvd or whatever we're making...:)

dav350z

Club Member
That was great to watch that run - thanks.

Was hoping to see Ben at Shelsley a couple of weeks ago but he wasn't there. :unsure:

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

datsun dave

Club Member
is it me or does the coverage show both ben and dee driving ? pink race suit in car at start line but at the bend a little into the clip a white race suit ??

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Can I ask a really silly question.....whats with the guys holding the car at the start? checking jump starts???

Can we pleassssssse get permission to use this for JAE?

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Suzy,

I suspect its to stop the car rolling of down the hill. I very much dought he is sitting there with the hand break on.

Mike B

ben240z

Club Member
cheers wyn,
no russ it is not a standard box, hand made straight cut close ratio dog race box. Gear changes take about 3/10 of a second from being on full throttle to being on full throttle.
yes dave it is a very good bit of editing as it not only shows dee driving at the start but also in another place . It also is from two different meetings, april and may, and for those really eagle eyed it even shows blue 754 / 54 and then black 754 / 54 numbers on the car
suzy no question is stupid, the guys at the start are lining the car up with the electronic timing beams that time the cars(there is another set at the finish as well as the speed traps you can see the first speed trap before the bottom of the hill, and split time) and then they are just stopping the car from moving once in the right place. ps speed trap speed was 88mph in may that is in about 7.3 seconds from the start according to the data logging
Correct, handbrake is excess wieght so out the window it went
I suggest that brayspeed are approached if you want to use the clip. I am sure that he would agreto it. I met him on sunday and he seemed to be a very approachable type.
I should be getting the incar footage from another camara of the last run on saturday in the wet on slicks, not as quick but oh sooooooooooooooo much fun
The clip is good but really does the cars no justice compared to seeing them running at close quarters in real life
cheers ben and dee

Legendary5

Well-Known Forum User
ben240z said:
I should be getting the incar footage from another camara of the last run on saturday in the wet on slicks, not as quick but oh sooooooooooooooo much fun
The clip is good but really does the cars no justice compared to seeing them running at close quarters in real life
cheers ben and dee
LOVE TO SEE THAT TOO :eek:

Guus

MB260Z

Well-Known Forum User
Great video, is the number plate kosher only some years ago (back through the mists of time) there was a 260 and a 240 at a meet with the 260Z and 240Z number plates which apparently were up for sale.

ben240z

Club Member
no it is only on there to try to let the heathens know that it isnt a porsche, capri, or kit car.

ben240z

Club Member
suzy said:
Can we pleassssssse get permission to use this for JAE?

suzy it looks like tony will let us use the footage. I am running a camara in the car in june so should get some more of both dee and myself. I think that tony will edit a copy together for the club. I will phone him this weekend and check. cheers ben

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Cheers Ben, let me know how you get on, can he send us a high res DVD of the climb that starts this tread?

Getting there, the Hot Metal shoot out, your hill climb, DJZ is filming some stock footage of all the different cars, just need a bit of HSCC, Rally and Drag to go!