Fairladys

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Home at last !

You should never leave a car all alone in a garage - they're like horses and suffer from poor moral so.........

And also the reason why I'm knackered, as if chasing cars around the world wasn't tiring enough ! The girl's gonna get a surprise when she gets home :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the 1959 fairlady S211 ,1962 SPL 310 (datsun 1500 roadster) or the 1965 1600 sports?

Just got the old books out,lol! Either way, a nice find Sean!

Mick, it was a real headache for the yellow one, the blue one just happened !
The yellow one is to be restored for Cathy (1966) and the blue one (1967) to serve as parts for the other and as a reference as I have no workshop manual ! It may also finish up as a stripped out racer.........
Funny that the bonnet support is one the other side on the later model - why would they change that ?
Russ, get your Z sorted first and anyway, there was a white one on ebay just recently that didn't sell at £3500 !
I'm still planning on my other dream car - an R32 GTR - that will happen one day too :) Perfect garage - roadster, 240 and R32 :)

Oh yes got enough to do as it is, but they are still pretty. Want to get one from Aus as well and no doubt that's an expensive idea.

Enjoy your cars :)

SeanDezart said:
and the blue one (1967)
That's the 2 litre version then? as for the bonnet support, I've no Idea! very nice pressie for Mrs Dezart though.

Where did you find them may I ask? Just curious, bloody rare motors!

Russ, the shipping from Ausland'll kill you AND they're expensive to buy there too (deservedly) ! Buy from the states -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/67-D...4597354386QQcategoryZ6188QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Both are 1600s as in the above ads (but curiously one of them in the above ads has a 2000 grille).

The yellow one came from California, the blue one was bought from a guy between Pau and Bordeaux, he bought it ffrom someone at Chartres who bought it from Paris where it had its' accident. I think it was American owned in Europe, perhaps ex-NATO staff as it was on US reg. plates !
Mrs Dézart and I will be restoring the car together, both getting our hands dirty :)

Sean - bring the VIN with you and we'll try and identify the exact month/year. Parts vary quite a lot with these, but some years the unavailable bits can be adapted from previous or later parts. There have also been a few simple mechanical upgrades over the years which most owners implement, e.g. cartridge to spin-off oil filter. Some bits are reasonable, but new old stock body panels are ferociously expensive and have usually suffered in thirty odd years of stacked storage! Most fit where they touch and require some fettling...

Wel! Well! Well!.
Sean, I am both pleased & envious with your recent aquisistions.I love
the roadster's & they will look superb in those French country lanes.I also like
the spacious garage/storage area & would'nt mind sleeping in there If I came
over to your's. I think your attitude of 'get em while you can' is worthy of
the higest esteem. Very Nice......... DJZ 60.:cool:

P.S.....Don't 'wreck' the blue one you moron! It don't look that bad to me?
Love.......DJZ 60.:cool:

For you to decide if I'm a moron or not (see photos) !
I'd prefer to see the blue one (originally silver) as at least a circuit racer than scrapped but the front axel has taken a big wallop and after all, restoring cars is all about £ v. final effect - maybe cheaper to re-import one OR THREE IF THERE IS A DEMAND :) !
I have the contacts where I can source enough cars to fill a 6 car container and laod each car full of very useful spares !

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sean. what about the Nissan FIGARO ? surely these parts may fit? o.k I
agree it has had a wallop! but thing's like axles,suspension even chassis can
be sorted. These are original roadsters,& depending on how many are left that's
the way to assess 'beyond economical or comical repair.

DJ'Moron'sit'z in a Z:D

Want to know something ? I don't care how many are left (and there are still literally hundres if not thousands left in the Sates) ! I'm like all the 260Z 2+2 and 280ZX owners (and previously 240 ones) : if I can keep one on the road whilst canibalising another, it's better than watching both die !

I agree, better still to keep both rolling which is why I say the blue one MAY finish up as a stripped out racer but that is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in the future :) !

I did'nt know there were thousand's left in the states....In that case I'll get
Status to get me one for Xmas......................DJZ 60.:D

The Nissan Figaro is based on the Micra floorpan and running gear and would have no commonality with the roadster, well maybe the wheel nuts! Adrian

Yeh shame to see the blue one die, but there must be loads of left hookers around. Can you get fibreglass panels for the track??

Look forward to seeing the yellow one finished, get cracking! :)

Back