Engine bay fuel hoses - what ID?

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Started the car up and was greeted by fuel spraying out from three different hoses. They always looked a bit ropey but it looks like the hoses have finally had enough.

So does anyone know the IDs of these hoses? I don't have any calipers and need to know as I'm going to order some braided stainless types. The hoses from the hardlines to the pump look bigger than the ones from the fuel rail to the carbs, maybe 10mm and 8mm respectively but not sure.

Throttleton

Well-Known Forum User
Started the car up and was greeted by fuel spraying out from three different hoses. They always looked a bit ropey but it looks like the hoses have finally had enough.

Thats the funniest thing I've read in ages Morbias :thumbs:

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
The pump and float bowls were bone dry, and trust me when I say it's nowhere near as funny as trying to find the dropped fuel tank drain plug just as the bottle reached capacity! The garage floor is the cleanest it's been for a long time :)

surreyseagull

Well-Known Forum User
this reminds me a bit of the time i was undoing the fuel tank drainage valve.not sure how much fuel was in tank so kept undoing it.all of a sudden the xxxxxx thing fell into the petrol can.to cut a long storey short i got covered in about ten litres.garage and half the road stank for hours and i had to change underpants

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Why is it so easy to drop drain plugs, I did it with the oil pan one too - even worse than getting covered in petrol!

Cheers for the pic Rob, though mine looks like 8mm on both - maybe it's different on the 260z? Anyway I think I should have enough hose ordered in both sizes just in case.

Is that a Malpassi pressure regulator? How have you got it connected, does it feed into the return line via a T-connector or is just between the pump and 8mm feed on the rail?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Cheers for the pic Rob, though mine looks like 8mm on both - maybe it's different on the 260z? Anyway I think I should have enough hose ordered in both sizes just in case.

Is that a Malpassi pressure regulator? How have you got it connected, does it feed into the return line via a T-connector or is just between the pump and 8mm feed on the rail?

Forgot you had a 260.

Yep Malpassi between pump (at rear) and rail.

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Well bugg*r me, turns out you were right afterall Rob -- the send and return are both different (6mm and 8mm). Not sure how I managed to measure them as both the same, my eyesight must be worse than I thought!

Managed to get the 6mm hose on the 8mm connector of the fuel regulator though, at least that bit shouldn't leak :)