electrical problems

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
Good afternoon chaps, I've got a couple of problems with the old girl at the moment. It started last week when the wipers and washers packed up then a day or two later the hazards died to, And finally the indicators went a few days later.

Now I'm not going to fix the problem myself (unless it's easy lol), I'd just like a few pointers from you guys so I can point the auto sparky in the right direction when he drops in this week to check it out.( I HATE ELECTICS)

Thanks in advance :bow:

Rob

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Have a look in the article section under the member only button the is a load of electrical check stuff in there not sure if it has what you need though

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
I had the same problem with my wipers and washers, it turned out to be a single fuse that had blown, they both run off the same one on my car (260Z).

The hazards/indicator problem could be caused by the hazard switch itself as the indicator wiring runs through it. I would start by making sure it's plugged into the console harness properly, and that the console harness is plugged into the dash harness securely.

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
I had the same problem with my wipers and washers, it turned out to be a single fuse that had blown, they both run off the same one on my car (260Z).

The hazards/indicator problem could be caused by the hazard switch itself as the indicator wiring runs through it. I would start by making sure it's plugged into the console harness properly, and that the console harness is plugged into the dash harness securely.

Cheers bud I'll check both tomorrow as they seem easy enough to check :D.

Rob

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
All problems solved by my nice local auto sparky, Wipers and washer problem was due to the wiring going to the plug not being cable tied up which meant it was getting pulled apart.

Indicators was due to a faulty flasher unit, Now replaced with a modern version.

So all's well in the world of Z lol, Well apart from stupid bitch taking a big chunk out of my wing the other day with her car door.

Rob