Drag Race Challenge York Dates

Mr.F

Inactive
As previously discussed, it has been decided to add two York Dragway dates to the Z Club Drag Challenge calendar. These rounds are open to all Z Club members in the same way as the rounds at Santa Pod, but at the end of the season, competitors will only be able to present their best six points scoring rounds towards the Challenge total. If you attend all eight dates, you will have to drop two. It is assumed that you will present your six best points scores.

30th April - 2NZ Includes RWYB sessions interspersed with Elimination rounds of the Northern Drag Racing Championship. Also you will automatically be entered into a 0-60mph competition which will run throughout the day.

18th June - Ultimate Road Car Challenge - RWYB sessions interspersed with Ford Shootout, Modder's Eliminations and Wizards of NOS Eliminations.

The official in charge at these two meetings will be Peter Mac - all times and tickets to be presented to him.
Please note that at York, all competitors are expected to wear a crash helmet. You will need to get your car scrutineered before signing on - they will be hot on things like loose batteries and other loose items, efficiency of throttle return springs, brakes that work and security of bodywork!

The official in charge at these two meetings will be Peter Mac - all times and tickets to be presented to him.
LOL! I knew I shouldnt have made that call!!:(

However. Being serious.....
I have already spoken to SKIDDELL, CHUNK,and STEVEJ. All four of us are up for attending these two York meets.
None of us have ever been to York before and we are all looking forward to being there. We will be looking to those who have already been recently to assist us "settling in" etc. Although the four of us are all seasoned campaigners at da Pod we will deffo have our "L" plates on for York.
Also it will be a first for me in handling the new "timing/points" paperwork.
Once again I will be looking for help and support with this.
Mr F has other commitments and probably wont be there. I have assured him we will be OK!!!:eek:
OH yes! another thing. I dont know some of you face to face, so some morning introductions will be in order I think.
I know we will have some "Cheshire Plains" group members present. Hopefuuly some 350Zs too.
Ill be posting up on 300ZX co.uk. as well so no doubt some of them will turn out too.
Maybe I will take this opportunity to state the obvious tho.
In order to score points in the Z Club drag challenge you NEED to be a FULLY PAID UP member on the day. Please bring your membership card with you.
Forum members and other Z forum members are of course very welcome... but NO POINTS.
So Who's coming then???:confused:
Post up here please.:D:D

PS. Lets keep this thread for "names attending" and other serious enquiries.
We can open another thread for the "bring it on...." type comments.

I'll deffo be there for both events, but only the June one in the Z as we discussed Pete.

Oh, and Bring it on ;) LOL

The 0 to 60 challange day at the April meet has a real good turn out of cars, well worth going even if its just to watch a 3 wheel bond bug hit 60 in 3 sec

might pop over and have a look myself as it is quite near to me.

Really lookin forward to this one, it'll be nice to see how different this is to the Pod.

Got to do at least 2 runs, 1 with me drivin and the 1 with Chunk to see how fast tha car will really go :eek:

Come on Guys lets show Mr F and Pmac how good we are ;)

Right then!! April 30th is two weeks away and I dont see much response on here as far as cars attending!! So anyone else???
Its not a problem for the regular four of us(ie Skiddell,Chunk,SteveJ and me) from Santa Pod if we dont get anyone else attending cos we have talked all winter about trying York out. Added bonus is that we can count the rounds into the Z Club Drag Challenge.
However some new faces would be good.
Anyone???

And Why Not.....

I'm not working on the 30th so would be happy to come along and give some morale support, :)

Tim

I'm not working on the 30th so would be happy to come along and give some morale support,

Tim

Good man!:bow:
We need someone to man "the Pits" area!!! Gofer coffee etc!!!;)

But why not bring ya 240Z and have a go??:conf2:

Nice to hear from you Tim, where have you been:confused:. Is your 240Z running yet as the last time we spoke you were inventing new ways to cut valve reliefs. If it is, you should make some damn fine times, thats one nice engine set-up.

Engine built and running Steve, done about 50ish miles on it and OK upto now, feels more responsive and a bit more powerful then the old setup, been having some fun and games with a rear end alignment issue but got that pretty much sorted now too, :)

Had alot on recently with other car related things taking up most if not all of my free time

Tim

Back