Door Rubber Bumpers

DJacey

Club Member
So I'm presuming that these go into the tiny hole directly below the striker position as shown on the attached photo - am I correct? So what's the secret to getting them in please! Thanks

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20190505_170832686.jpg
    IMG_20190505_170832686.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 35

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Yes you right they go in that small hole. As for how you get them in, I'm at a complete loss. I did manage to get one side in after a serious amount of effort. The other side no matter how I do it it just won't go in, to the point that have broken two. So at the moment I have given up sorry to say.

DJacey

Club Member
OK thanks for confirming the location. I've had the same frustrated experience which is why I started to doubt it was the correct hole. Perhaps the ones currently provided by suppliers are not the original factory design and are somewhat oversized? Unless someone can give us the correct technique. I've tried soaking them in boiling water to soften them but still no success trying to push them in.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Washing up liquid or 3-in-1 oil ... patience, gentle persuasion with a small, pointed, thin and BLUNT object ... it can be done!

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I forgot I had some of these to fit!
They just pop in like this:
DSC_0268.jpg

[emoji12]

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I just used the technique advised by Mike - I poked it in with a little screwdriver in about 30 secs. Maybe got lucky?