Donington park August 10th

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Anyone up for a track day at Donington on the 10th of August, its an open pit lane evening session

£135..... places available

There is already tentative interest from

Matt
J Palmer
Steve K
Steve K's mates from work (MR2)

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Ok so Johnny at BAT (book a track) is holding two places open for us.

I have booked as well as 2 work colleques

Would the real Mr Gasket and Mr Palmer please stand up.

Is anyone else interested in attending or are you all just going to talk about how quick your cars are(nt):devil:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Sorry Steve been out all day - saw your PM. Being an OLD hand at these things I would love to come over but unless the 'joe bloggs' places start selling quickly I'm going to wait.

I'm not on holiday :thumbs: but I ain't coming if the weather is wet. I've been to Donington and had a briefing whilst it's been 'Thunder and Lightening' outside and then sat in the garage until lunchtime!

Also I want a drive in JP's car, my eldest Lee reckons it's rediculious and unfair to be on track at the same time!

In fact if I come over my kids will be there showing me how to drive! Went karting recently and my daughter won outright! I was 13th! Think she had a Toyota motor in her kart. ;)

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
No worries Rob, I guess rain is the luck of the draw with any event, I have lost count of the hours I have sat at Santa Pod waiting for the rain to pass

My reason for going is to do some testing of a new inlet trumpet config plus some new tyres and to see if I can get it under the 1:20 mark for a lap of the National, its done a 1:24 before in much less powerful guise, the new track mods (Goddards and the main straight) have generally seen a 1-2 second uplift (certainly for HSCC) so it should get close as long as I can get a good run at it.

johnymd

Club Member
Probably can't make this as I'm taking my Dad in for a hip opp that day and I need to be around incase of probs.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I guess rain is the luck of the draw with any event.
My reason for going is .......... and to see if I can get it under the 1:20 mark for a lap of the National. ........ the new track mods have generally seen a 1-2 second uplift (certainly for HSCC) so it should get close as long as I can get a good run at it.

Rain - yep luck but as it's just a trackday not race I can decide nearer the time (unles it sells-out) I'll keep a watch.

1.20 mmm I reckon that will be a tough target, we'll see. I'm not sure about the gains from the new layout - the chicane is faster but you lose the section where you were flat out and gain a bit into Redgate where you're not. :unsure: I think the chicane is the main gain, but not 1-2 secs.

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
1.20 mmm I reckon that will be a tough target, we'll see.
No doubt

I think the chicane is the main gain, but not 1-2 secs.
I hears what your saying but you can't argue with the numbers (HSCC data) and look how quick Big sam was recently (for a Samuri:D)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Steve and I went along to Donington last night. I waited until 3.30 pm before deciding - weather forecast was poor. However we had a 99% dry evening until 10 mins after we'd finished when rain set in.

On the way I tried to fill 5 fuel cans but was refused due to the riots - so I had to pay Donington fuel prices £1.60 ltr :eek:

Great night though, my two lads and I drove my 240 and we did about 40 laps total. Car ran superbly and behaved itself as usual - I've been tracking it now for 10 years and each time I come home to the wife and sing it's praises. :driving:

Some interesting cars there including two Ferraris, one 458! and a 430 (the two on the right in the pic below). However there was only 19 cars I think; twice my lads had the whole circuit to themselves for a while!

Attachments

• image_3_113348.jpg
    image_3_113348.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator: