Designer wanted

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
We are hoping to put together a Z Club leaflet which some Z Traders have already agreed to send out with all their orders and can be given out at shows etc.

We need a designer to put this together, we can provide words of wisdom and photos but need someone to put a pofessional touch to it

Anyone?????

Leaflet

Hi Suzy ! Congrats on your appointment BTW ! :) I'm more than willing to help out with the leaflet,,sounds like quite a good P.R. idea for the club. I'm currently just finishing off a Charity Calendar, so I have the time spare to put it together,,,,and I figure it's about time I got off my gettin to large behind and pitched in to help with the club ! :eek: :D

you're hired!
drop me a pm or e-mail with your phone number and I'll be in touch

Also can I get a "You were spotted by club member...(insert number)" leaflet designed please in the same style? This is to hand out to Z cars I see on the road or put under their windscreen wiper. Very much like Grolls did I think it was. Just making use of the new logo thingy MarkP did (Mark can we get a copy of this or something please? If not Derek Sulley got a good screen shot of it).

Thank you

Just an idea, but as it was brought up that you are currently finishing off a charity calender, would it be hard for the Z club to design and produce its own calender to be sold to its members and possibly the public. What costs are involved in producing such a calender and what is the time scale involved?

Another fund raiser idea then Nick? Sounds good to me, Mr. Lack no doubt has countless photos of cars from this weekend :) We could have little stats on the car and owner or something with it and the event just to make it more interesting than purely a photo?

When I speak to completelywally I'll drop this into conversion!!!

This is something that has been mentioned at various committee meetings but no one has had time to do anything (or it has been left too late to do anything!), Steve Lack is getting a price from a chap he knows for a 2006 calender

Calendar

Russ said:
:) We could have little stats on the car and owner or something with it and the event just to make it more interesting than purely a photo?
Like the idea Russ but PLEEEEAAASSSEEE can we make sure it isn't only the old members who get their fizzogs on the calender. We need to ensure we also have representation of the newer / younger members.

For example, we have Z owners who race their cars (personally I think that's insane I'd be scared witless of damage). I, on the other hand, race marshal (see the connection). Therefore, a page on me would highlight the 2 280ZX's I have + my race marshaling + maybe a little bit about my work, social life (were I to have one lol). I've seen alot of these type Calendars and the people in them have 10, 15 or 20 years in and it looks like an 'old boys' club which could detract from the overall 'come and join us' message.

Oh and completewally, I'm happy to offer a hand if you want one.

Terry

Hola! Email me with details of what you want, as I'm not often here... :)

I don't mind helping out here and there! Maybe I can gets me a free membership out of it! ;)

LOL you'll be lucky, the rest of us work for free :) If you try hard though you may get a nice trophy!

Nice logos Mark, can you e-mail them to me at russ.taylor@zclub.net, then I can upload them without the www.zclub.net stamp and update our logo. If you think you can do anything for graphics on this website I am all ears, I could have a go but I'm so busy elsewhere it'd be slow, very slow :)

Sheesh, nobodys even been back to me yet !! :D A Calender is very doo-able but the cost does tend to be a putoff,,about £ 1500 for the one I just finished last month,,,,thats just printing costs wich i get a discount on, not including the time and effort involved,,,:( On the bright side where there's a will theres a way !:cool: And there does seem to be a lot of help out there !
Sorry by the way for not being online lately,,just moved the pooter out to my new digs in the back garden,,,noo , wife hasn't kicked me out, just built me a custum made "2005 wally shed", complete with built in beer fridge and full fibre optics to the pooter ! 1 Gig downloads from the right source !!! :eek: Somebody get in touch wif me regarding photos and what the layout of the flyers should be and I'll start looking into what I can do re a calender.
Maybe all the guys posing in a g string?? maybe even get Merlin in there for a couple shots as well?? :D

Hi,
The only trouble with a calendar is that it would have a limited shelf life and would need to be on sale well before the 2006 season!....Unless it can be made so that the date related section can be easily updated and removeable from the photographs!
The calendar could then be updated and marketed over several years!
Cheerz,
JEZ

Exactly... I don't think a calendar is a good idea... Its a bit old hat now anyway... How about stickers for the kids, an enamel badge, like those old RAC ones, a plastic one for windows... and so on... :D

I uploaded the images I have to my gallery.

I suggested a calendar (last year I think) but it turned out very expensive to do in a high-quality way. Maybe prices are lower now?

I have an "Emerald City Z Club (Greenville, NC)" calendar on my wall. Looks like it could have been done on a reasonably normal printer and then spiral bound, so maybe it's feasible.

TL

Completelywally you never answer your phone and you don't have a message service!!!
I'll try again tonight, are you coming to JAE at the weekend if so I can get all the words of wisdom together and hand it over then
hopefully speak soon

Hi Completewally, when Derek read me your post I was flattered to hear you might want a picture of me in your calendar. Being a Giant SchnauZer I am a proper Z animal and a real fan of the carZ. I just love to wee on those fabulouz alloy wheelz and there are so many different typez to chooze from, it sometimez getz very confuZing.
I have met many nice people whilst attending meetingz. I particularly like Steve Burns & Grolls because they like a drink (just like me). Skiddels fingers look very tasty but his reactions are pretty fast and I really like the look of Steve Lacks left leg!
I can be a bit of a poser so let me know when you're ready.
Big Slurp, your friend, Merlin.

Marketables

Markp.com said:
How about stickers for the kids, an enamel badge, like those old RAC ones, a plastic one for windows... and so on... :D
If you want to go for those kind of marketables (e.g. enamel badge, sewn badge etc) I know just the place to get them and, if demand is sufficient, would be happy to arrange. (if there was a cloth 'Z' badge I'd stitch it onto me marshaling togs)

Tell me what ideas you have I'll make a list and get prices

Terry

There are all sorts of different types of calender that should be thought of before any decisions are made anyway. there are the type that are not actually day dated each month so that it doesnt get dated if not sold within the time scale, there are the ring binder sort or 2 months to a page etc etc etc.
Completewally can you please tell me what the £1500 actually covered as you said it was the printing costs but for how many copies was that, would we have to have a minimum to get the discount, is that a really high quality glossy or not? did this include their fees for setting it up to print? sorry for all the questions.
What about the printers that we already use for the club mag do they do the sort of printing we would want for the calender as we already use them would it be worth a phonecall to see what they would charge us do print the sort of calendar we want?
Michelle

Back