Deals On Wheels 280ZX

status said:
did you get off the ground

erm, just a bit...:rolleyes:

i used to build large scale aircraft for very rich men, some dearer than the 260 you own and have spent on mate. some have lasted seconds before being destroyed ! and you think owning a z can be costly,,,lol

Hi,
I see that the 280ZX that used to appear on "Deals On Wheels" with Mike Brewer, is up for sale on ebay.....It's looking a bit sad now though!.
A BIT sad!! VERY sad. In fact most white 280ZXs with red velour looked sad when new. IMHO.
Worth £250 for a nice late 280 eng n dizzi tho. Just remove and throw the rest away.:(

Looks like the 280 has got Denovo wheels on it, even if they are in good nick they are only usefull as a coffe table. Adrian.

It has got Denovo wheels as I suspected, I mailed him and asked.No mention of that in the ad though. Adrian

Hi George, the wheels look the same as the standard 260 wheel but they were also an option on the 280 but these are Dunlop Denovo Run Flat Tyres and rims. A good idea I think they are having a resurgence on new cars now. The problem is the Denovo tyres havent been available for many years now and the rims have a double lip so you cant fit an ordinary tyre on them, so the wheels are useless even though they are in good nick but as I said only good for a coffee table. Adrian

Thanks for that Adrian, sounds a bit like TRX alloys, available on a few prestige cars in the 80s, these alloys are pretty worthless now due to the high cost of TRX tyres.

Hi,
I had the run flat wheels/tyres on my old 1986 300ZX and I replaced the tyres with 220 Avon Turbospeeds...They fitted ok.
You can get Dunlop millimetric tyres which will fit the 300ZX rims, but as they are 230's made for certain Jaguar and 7 series BMW's, they are a bit expensive!:eek:
Because the 280ZX wheels are smaller, I doubt you can get anything to fit now!
Cheerz,
JEZ

Hi,
Met Mike Brewer and Mike Burch today, as they are locating their production office near to where I work and came in to buy a rug.
Mike Burch is the producer of "Pulling Power" and he remembers the Z Club filming session at Avon Park a few years ago!
Mike Brewer is now a presenter for Pulling power and they are about to start filming a new series.
Cheerz,
JEZ

Hi,
Saw Mike Brewer again today and he said that they might be interested in using a Z model in a new programme they are soon to film.
I gave him my number and told him the Z Club membership could supply any model they might need from 240z to 350z!
So you never know, there might be some useful publicity there!
I see that the Deals on Wheels 280ZX is back on ebay again too!
Cheerz,
JEZ

Back