Datsun 240z UK original RHD original | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Datsun 240z UK original RHD original

Discussion in 'Cars for Sale' started by grahamjc, Oct 20, 2018.

1. grahamjc

grahamjc Forum User

The Datsun 240Z was the first Japanese sports car to be commercially successful internationally. It was the demonstration that Japan could build a fast, reliable and enjoyable car to drive and that Japan had become serious competition for European and American vehicles.

This car is an UK original, RHD original Datsun 240z. Its 1 of about 125 in the UK with about 50% of them being declared SORN.

The car was originally silver (see pictures for original condition) and was in need of restoration. I bought the car from a gentleman in the 240z club (Z Club) and continued to drive the car for 6-8 weeks, before deciding to take it off the road and complete a shell up restoration. This was a much longer process than original anticipated, taking a little over 3 years and sadly during that time circumstances changed quite drastically, hence the car being up for sale.

The restoration is completely documented with over 250 photos. The car has been completely stripped down, media blasted to reveal ALL the rust and everything was repaired, rewired, everything.

The car itself:-
    * 2.4 Straight 6 Petrol Engine 150bhp
    * 5 Speed Manual Transmission from a 280ZX
    * Brand new Mishimoto radiator
    * All new window rubbers
    * All new rubbers and bushings
    * Hilux brakes
    * Flared arches
    * 17" black Rota wheels to fill the arches with brand new tyres
    * New black fender mirrors
    * New black bumpers
    * New black front spoiler
    * Front strut brace
    * Rear strut brace
    * Clear front indicators
    * Clear side indicators
    * New front windscreen
    * Brand new headlamps

The exterior is painted to a very high quality in Nissan GTR red!

Unfortunately due to the change in circumstances the car cannot be completed, however it is roadlegal and has a valid/current MOT.

The bad points:-
    * the interior needs some work to complete the restoration (the seats need a refurb and the dash has a missing component)
    * the doorcards need attention
    * the front suspension has not settled to the correct height after being rebuilt (it sits high at the front)

I am sure I have forgotten stuff on the car, there was no expense spared on this restoration! The car is currently in storage in Horsham and the price is £25,000

EDIT - https://zclub.net/community/index.php?threads/its-finally-happened-240z-moderated.19519/
    Link to the rebuild.... may be missing a lot of photos, but I do still have them on DropBox.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    shane likes this.
  2. grahamjc

grahamjc Forum User

Picture set 1

Attached Files:

Mr Ex Jnr likes this.
  3. grahamjc

grahamjc Forum User

Picture set 2

Attached Files:

Mr Ex Jnr likes this.
  4. Blaqkaudio

Blaqkaudio New Forum User

New to forum here Graham and on the hunt for a 240z currently
    Would you be interested in a px at all? Turbo 350z plus cash your way?
    -Dan

5. grahamjc

grahamjc Forum User

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the offer but I cannot accept trades. Car is being sold as part of the split with my ex, so we need to divide up cash at the end.

6. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

What’s the thinking behind the different no. plates!

7. grahamjc

grahamjc Forum User

Different styles? Im guessing the garage did it, as the original front plate wasnt legal....

8. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

I quite like the inline acrylic ones. Can't see what was illegal about the front plate that was on the car in the pics when it was silver, if that's the one you mean. I'm sure you had a rebuild thread on this car somewhere - it might be good to put a link to it in this thread as it's difficult for anyone to see what has been done besides the respray/arches etc.

9. grahamjc

grahamjc Forum User

Added a link :thumbs:

No idea honestly, maybe the garage lost it....?!?

10. IbanezDan51

IbanezDan51 Active Forum User

Good luck with the sale Graham, someone will be getting a bargain with this.

Dan

stiffi240z likes this.
  11. grahamjc

grahamjc Forum User

Happy to consider a LHD swap with cash my way.... especially a 240-280z :)

12. Mole

Mole New Forum User

Is the beast still for sale ??

13. grahamjc

grahamjc Forum User

Yes it is