Custom Exhaust

netpreference

Well-Known Forum User
Hi all, my 260z project is slowly progressing (the garage working on it are taking their time but doing a good job).. As you can see from the pics, the back is being smoothed out completely. What I need to organise is a custom exhaust, two twin pipes on each side is the idea but this will also mean having the petrol tank made smaller too! :unsure: Any recommendations on a firm to carry this out?

Dean

image013.jpg

image014.jpg

I think once you get around the problem of the petrol tank then you could try POWERFLOW, they make custom exhausts. Their link doesnt seem to work at the moment, try later though.. www.powerflow.uk.com

What sort of lights are you going for then?

Thanks, I'll give them a go later.... 3 round lights for each side, they are being slightly 'frenched' in, hopefully will end up looking like the back of a Ferrari Dino :p (well that's the idea anyway!)

"Frenched in" ? Seems to be a lot of P40 in there ! Or are you inferring that French ladies wear a little too much make-up :) ?

The back plate on the car is one piece of metal, although it may look like a lump of filler if that's what you mean!?

My 260 originally had a corner-chopped fuel tank and twin exhausts. I thought it looked great (it spat flames too as the engine ran so badly and there weren't any silencers!!). Sadly the tank was rusted to bits (as was the exhaust) so it's back to a single pipe now.

Just make sure there aren't any vapours left in that tank when you start cutting!

That reminds me about a story involving s*d*my :) :) :)

Yeah, mate it looks like paste but happy to hear it's metal ! Joined the club yet ?

Well, be gentle with me when you do! :(

I do genuinely love the 260, just thought it needed a bit of tweaking here and there! :p

No, haven't joined yet.... thought I'd wait till it is finished although a little worried about being lynched at the next meeting :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
well, we're all guilty of that ! Just so long as it's all done "in the best possible taste" !

(for those of you who are old enough to rememberq Captain Kremmen and the lucious Karla) !

Thanks Rob, they look ideal....

Sean, just realised you are in France :) I have a house in Les Sables d'Olonne, Considering driving the 260 down there next year.......

Dean

C'mon down - you can see where my address is - about an hour and a bit from there, via La Roche/Chantonnay/Pouzauges and we're 2 kms south of there !

When are you thinking of - perhaps I can arrange a club meet ?

Sorry, topic, yeah - why a 'vette though ?

Not sure, probably will be at Easter next year, depends on a)the 260 being finished b)me feeling confident that it will make the trip! :rolleyes:

Was down there all summer, got back 3 weeks ago... wish I was still there! :(

No you don't - it's been raining since last night ! But my grass loves it ! Shame we didn't knoiw of each other before !

Let me know how you get on with EBD if you try them. I know the manifolds they make for the Elise are excellent quality and highly regarded. At some stage I too shall be needing that slightly special exhaust!

Cheers,
Rob

Back