Club 240z? Minter? Bargain?

Not as mint as it looks then? To be fair, sometimes pictures manage to hide a multitude of sins.

Or are you saying, even if it is as good as it looks, it's overpriced?

...or, given where you cut off my post in your quote, you could be saying that modded is better than original? Very cryptic, Wyn.

It clearly says it's not original. I was just wondering what the club thought.

I am collecting mine in mid-September, I'm fully capable of checking it's structural integrity but I'm still dreading posting it up here to be told it's not as 'original' as I believe it to be. :eek:

It clearly says it's not original. I was just wondering what the club thought.

I am collecting mine in mid-September, I'm fully capable of checking it's structural integrity but I'm still dreading posting it up here to be told it's not as 'original' as I believe it to be. :eek:

I wouldn't worry about it, if you're happy with what you've bought than thats all that matters. Any comments will be meant in a constructive way.

Don't worry about originality. People have been modifying Zeds since the beginning. Very few people actually have "original" ones. Most on here are modified or personalized to some degree. The whole cork-sniffing originality = collect-ability thing leaves me cold personally, as do (controversial personal opinion coming up) most entirely factory standard Zs. I can definitely appreciate them, but wouldn't want one myself (well, unless it was a Fairlady Z432).

That car on eBay looks nice IMO. I have to pick out the untruth in the blurb though about "factory power windows"! Er, no...

Also, another lazy blighter with central locking (I'm looking at you Dale!).

Also, another lazy blighter with central locking (I'm looking at you Dale!).

Hey, my car had them before I bought it, so :p

I seem to remember this car was for sale on this very site around the time I bought mine. I remember the electric windows and the colour coded rear panel so must be the same one.

There's an old mention I just found of it being for sale in 2007. It lived in Cannock apparently.

Hi All,

Having finally convinced myself a 240z would do nicely, I too noticed this car. The rebuild was done 20 years ago and so the price seems to be quite ambitious to me.

Have prices really risen £5k plus whilst I have been prevaricating this past year? It seems £25k gets a freshly refurbed car from Z Farm etc so what do you guys think this one is worth?

Also, given my mechanical knowledge is pretty basic, is there anyone you could recommend who would look at a Z pre purchase?

Thanks, Nick

It was sold last year for £12,995 ono with a few little jobs to do for m.o.t so........? I tried to buy it from the guy in Cannock before i got mine but he wanted too much for it.

Nice one Kev. 13k to nearly 19k in less than a year then...

That particular detail gives anyone who wants to buy it a little ammunition for haggling doesn't it? :D

True, but 6k in less than a year?

Maybe I'm far too cheap and nostalgic for the old days when 8k would get you something like that! :D

Yikes.

If those ever start selling at anywhere near that, I'll be buying them from the Japanese auctions for about a third that price and start flipping them! :eek:

Has anyone noticed the spate of rather ambitiously priced L24 engines recently too? Someone listed one for £450 and it started a trend. Not shifting very quickly funnily enough.

It was sold last year for £12,995 ono with a few little jobs to do for m.o.t so........? I tried to buy it from the guy in Cannock before i got mine but he wanted too much for it.

Was it not a great example then? I thought it was accepted that a good one would set you back ~£20k these days?

This was 7.5 years ago when i tried to buy it, i had a budget and had to stick to it, i am very happy with mine and in all honesty i could not afford one now at these prices !!:eek:

Back