Classic and Sportscar - March 2007

mikecart

Well-Known Forum User
I was interested to read the latest issue of Classic and Sportscar.

Mick Walsh covers "Japanese GT roots", talking around Yamaha (A550X), Nissan (Silvia) and Toyota (2000GT).

He also says the following:

"Because it's not part of Japanese philosophy to seek individual glory, early designs are often credited to more PR-savvy western consultants such as Goertz. Nearer the truth is the Japanese thoroughness of evaluating everything before its own stylists distil the best bits into big sellers such as the Z. It's time Nissan's Yoshihiko Matsuo and Toyota's Satoru Nozaki were given credit for these GT classics."

Perhaps he was prompted by Albrecht's letter (Counting the Cost) that is published on the letters page ...?:unsure:

Mike

AT LAST ! If nothing else, that is a good quote to include in letters to other journalists who tend to recycle more than they create.

Did Mick Walsh work this out himself or was he 'helped' ?

I perhaps goes to show that if those who are well-informed, share that knowledge and it becomes more common, the press DO pick up on it and the education becomes nation and europe-wide !

This is where The Z Club should be pushing to counteract long-held faulty conclusions, heresay and myths !

A 240Z ? Rusts like hell, parts hard to find, brakes aren't up to it, 'plastic' '70s interior, poor int. ventilation, only two seats....copy-cat styling, not many about !

Mostly the same drivel re-hashed from the last driveller published !

At least there'Z no 'long held faulty conclusion's on my Beautiful 260Z 2+2!
(possibly because.....it's got 4 seat's):D DJZ 60.:cool:

Back