Choke Cable PLug - Or lack there of.

JW240

Active Forum User
Just a quick one, come to reinstall my choke cables and noticed two soldered points where cables used to be, i have a few spare connectors under the dash in this area so assume there once was something to connect these.
Looked on the wiring diagram and can see it, also looked online for choke cables and haven't seen one with the plug still attached, i assume they fatigued off quite early in the cars life.
If anyone has a photo of the plug thats missing it would be great so i can match up wire colour and connector style.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I'm not sure what you mean.

Choke cables are the small gauge solid wire/rod that connect to the carbs from the choke lever. But you are talking about electrical cables?

Is there some kind of a choke warning light on your car?

JW240

Active Forum User
I'm not sure what you mean.

Choke cables are the small gauge solid wire/rod that connect to the carbs from the choke lever. But you are talking about electrical cables?

Is there some kind of a choke warning light on your car?
Yes there is a warning light, the light has all the wiring connected however there is a switch on the choke lever itself by the handle that obviously completes the circuit to turn the warning light on and off.

https://jdm-car-parts.com/collectio...2-choke-lever-switch-nos?variant=890697941001

Would appear its a red and red with blue tracer.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Oh ok, I can't help you then sorry. That's new to me - every day is a school day.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
One of the North American market's anti-pollution measures ("YOU'VE LEFT THE CHOKE ON!").