Buying from the USA

Matt Long

Well-Known Forum User
Blimey, there not keen to respond to emails, texts, or calls are they.
Anyone have any advice on how to get a response from them?

I never had a problem contacting sellers on ebay when I was buying. Don't know this for sure but if you are willing to sell internationally wouldn't you be more likely to advertise on ebay, isn't craigslist a bit more for local (relatively speaking) selling.

Yeah,but despite the descriptions you've still been able to spot they're rubbish. Obviously you can't tell all from photo's, but you can always ask for specific pics. It'll always be risk buying unseen.

When I was looking for a 240 I contacted about a half dozen guys, some by phone and others by email, explaining I was looking to import into the UK, could I have some more pictures etc there was only one who followed through, I spoke to him almost daily, I needed to understand him as well as the car, as the conversations went on I think we both relaxed, he later told me he knew I was genuine by the questions I was asking, I was probably as nervous as him too, particularly when it was time to transfer the money over, as was mentioned earlier perhaps the sellers don't was the perceived hassle of an international buyer. Hope you manage to get the car you want, best of luck :thumbs:

Is there a friendly American on this site or does anyone have one to hand who would act as intermediary as point of first contact for a fee, it could help to get some of those rust free Cali cars over here

Put yourself in theirs shoes. You have a car for sale on ebay and have a couple of hundred watchers, with several UK buyers interested in paying cash, in person, and collecting the car. You then get a couple of people from nigeria who want to pay be western union or some other money transfer and arange for someone you dont know to collect the car.

Would you sooner have a local guy pay you cash or take a chance and sell to someone in another country?

The green one was a bargain Pete and they don't come along very often. Mike wanted $7800 for the car and that's what I bid for it. I'm just waiting for the registration docs to come back so I can get out and enjoy it.

Johny
I do get it, going to bid on that dodgy looking orange one that finishes tomorrow.
Western union ok? Lol

Back