Brighton Speed Trials

PHIL HYETT

Well-Known Forum User
THREE Z CLUB MEMBERS RUNNING THIS YEAR ! MIKE F STEVE KIDDELL AND ME .COME DOWN AND SUPPORT US AT THE OLDEST MOTORSPORT EVENT IN THE COUNTRY 101 YEARS OLD THIS YEAR .THIS EVENT IS RUN ON MADEIRA DRIVE BRIGHTON A SETTING SECOND TO NONE FOR A MOTOR SPORT EVENT .CARS AND BIKES COMPETE ON THE 1/4 MILE STRIP . SOME OF THE BIKES WILL DO OVER 160 MPH . THE FASEST CAR LAST YEAR WAS A FORD GOULD PUMA XTRAC 4x4 TS 150 MPH IN 9:45 SEC . I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS EVENT FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS AND AM TOTALY HOOKED CANT WAIT FOR SEPTEMBER THE 9th . PUT THIS EVENT IN YOUR DIARY
icon14.gif

LOOK ON MY GALLERY FOR LAST YEARS PICS .HOPE TO MEET SOME OF YOU DOWN THERE .
ASLO GO TO BRIGHTON & HOVE MOTOR CLUB WEB SITE FOR SOME GREAT PICS OF THE SPEED TRIALS .
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS

Attachments

• brighton speed trials 2004.jpg
    brighton speed trials 2004.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 7
  • brighton speed trials 2005.jpg
    brighton speed trials 2005.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 5
  • WAITING FOR MY RUN 2004.jpg
    WAITING FOR MY RUN 2004.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 8
  • WHAT A PLACE FOR A SPEED TRIAL 2005.jpg
    WHAT A PLACE FOR A SPEED TRIAL 2005.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Thanks for the info Phil....Can you turn off your caps lock though, because it's giving me a headache;)
Cheerz,
JEZ

Good luck all of you - I enjoyed reading about the Li' Red Rooster in the mag so nice to see you are sticking with tradition.

Go Mike !

Now Skiddy........you have a point to prove ....... hope you have done everything you need to do well on the day. GOOD LUCK !!

I'll definitely be going this year as a spectator, Brighton's only 10 miles away, next year will be different though ;) (hopefully!).

I'll see you all there, best I bring the camera!!

Sorry About Your Head

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON . UNTILL THEN LOOK AT THE PHOTOS I HAVE JUST POSTED .CAN WE COUNT ON YOUR SUPPORT ON THE 9th OF SEPTEMBER ?
icon14.gif

I'll have lots to learn from these two:bow: , being the new boy and all, but I'll give it a go.

All I have to do is find a race suit in "Fatboy" size:eek:

Steve You Will Be Fine You Will Love It Wot A Place For A SPEED Trial .have you Sent My Disc ?
CHECK OUT PHOTOS Phil

Will hopefully be coming along to watch you all - don't know if the SW and South Central groups could link up for a joint meeting for this one?

Phil - I presume Skidy has asked you to do an advert for this event for the next magazine?

Phil, who do you get the regs from. This is on the saturday before the last gurston hillclimb and a couple of the hillclimbers do it so would be good to tag on with them. Steve as you are doing this event does that mean that you are going to get your speed licence and then you can come and do a hillclimb as well?????????????
cheers ben

Steve

I have an old set of race overalls from my slightly larger days which might fit. Let me know if you are interested.

Ken...

Ben
Steve as you are doing this event does that mean that you are going to get your speed licence and then you can come and do a hillclimb as well?????????????

The licence I am applying for allows me to drive as fast as I want down the middle of the road ..... at least thats what I took "tear along dotted line" to mean:confused:

Back