Brake calliper and rotor uprgrade question

maton_acoustic

Forum User
Hi all, looking to upgrade the stock front rotors and calipers on my '78 260z. I believe i've read somewhere that rotors for a Peugeot 505 will fit and seem easy enough to get hold of. I'm also lead to believe that Toyota 4x4 calipers can be a straight forward swap but i wouldn't know where to get hold of these?
Any info would be great!

regards, Dave.

Martin W

Well-Known Forum User
yeh 505 disc's work with a redrill on the stud PCD there. 0.05 off set difference i think hilux calipers work ok you need the ones with both pistons the same size there are some with different size pistons in them

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I am just about to replace my upgraded brakes so if you are interested PM me.

I currently have Pug 505 discs with Range Rover (4 pot) calipers that fit 260Z hubs. The discs are beyond safe use but would be a good to use as a 'pattern' for an engineer to modify the standard 505 disc.

I also have 'spaced' standard 240Z calipers (2 pot) that I used with these discs which might work better with small wheels.

240Z Man

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
Did a bit of research of what options I had and I decided for road use I would try the Toyota Hi-Lux calliper which I can used a 300zx vented disc. I have to buy a spacer kit which Mr F is going to supply for me :thumbs:.

Attachments

• s12vented.jpg
    s12vented.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 19

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
Did a bit of research of what options I had and I decided for road use I would try the Toyota Hi-Lux calliper which I can used a 300zx vented disc. I have to buy a spacer kit which Mr F is going to supply for me :thumbs:.

the 4 pot hi lux caliper with the vented Z31 4 stud disc provides the most stopping power of all the options due to the huge syrface area of the pistons. Available as a kit from the US all new for reasonable money. The only downside is the weight.
or you can buy used caipers and a rebuild kit or ready rebuilt calipers, discs and the spacer all as cheap as chips.
Using Willwood calipers and a suitable disc will give a good result with less weight.
Once again not greatly expensive. Calipers are around £250 a pair from Rally design,