Best place for ZG arches

Matt Berry

Club Member
I’m after some wide ZG arches, can anybody advise on where to get the best quality and fit ones from? Preferably in this country if possible, not a major issue if not

richiep

Club Member
Probably one of the best, most accurate sets, are made by Marugen Shoukai in Japan. You can get them via RHDJapan.com or from Marugen directly. Also, they do extra wide rear ones (not part of the ZG replica set) to accommodate the largest widths and offsets.

Bear in mind most ZG arches sold around the world are nothing of the sort - just cheap generic things that lack the correct shaping to the profile of the Z that the real ones or accurate reproductions feature. You get what you pay for basically...

Anything more extreme and you might want to look at works-style ZG race car ones.

Matt Berry

Club Member
Probably one of the best, most accurate sets, are made by Marugen Shoukai in Japan. You can get them via RHDJapan.com or from Marugen directly. Also, they do extra wide rear ones (not part of the ZG replica set) to accommodate the largest widths and offsets.

Bear in mind most ZG arches sold around the world are nothing of the sort - just cheap generic things that lack the correct shaping to the profile of the Z that the real ones or accurate reproductions feature. You get what you pay for basically...

Anything more extreme and you might want to look at works-style ZG race car ones.

Thanks for that, just had a look through what’s on offer on RHDJapan. There are quite a few companies offering versions of the arches but I want to get some that will fit the profile correctly as you pointed out. I think wheel wise I’ll be going for 9x15 fronts and 10.5x15 rears. Do you think the standard front arches RHDJapan offer will be wide enough, and also would the normal width front arches and wider rear arches look out of place?

datsfun

Club Member
I think wheel wise I’ll be going for 9x15 fronts and 10.5x15 rears. ...............also would the normal width front arches and wider rear arches look out of place?

The tyre width and profile will heavily dictate the size of rear arches. You could have 10.5" wide wheels and 225" rubber and still tuck in under the normal ZG arches

And staggered arches don't look out of place ( IMHO)

Matt Berry

Club Member
The tyre width and profile will heavily dictate the size of rear arches. You could have 10.5" wide wheels and 225" rubber and still tuck in under the normal ZG arches

And staggered arches don't look out of place ( IMHO)

I thought tires would play a part, to be honest I’m not too great with what all the tyre numbers mean so that’s something I’ll have to read up on. Can’t say I’ve seen a Z with staggered arches I just assumed up until yesterday they’d be standard size all round or wider all round

richiep

Club Member
The wider rear ones don’t scream out at you tbh. Datsun Dave’s car on this forum has the wider ones fitted on the rear, standard ones on the front and it works fine. Have a search for some photos of it on this forum. As Datsfun says, tyre size is a major factor in the look, as is suspension height.

Matt Berry

Club Member
The wider rear ones don’t scream out at you tbh. Datsun Dave’s car on this forum has the wider ones fitted on the rear, standard ones on the front and it works fine. Have a search for some photos of it on this forum. As Datsfun says, tyre size is a major factor in the look, as is suspension height.

Thanks I’ll have a look. Just ordered the deluxe front and wide rears from RHDJapan EXTRA:D

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
Depends on the Offsets

Mine are 10" all round with 235/50/15 tyres
Rears touch on compression

vrdK6NR.jpg

aPtfTas.jpg

Dave B

Well-Known Forum User
6a8a63efa801d5ab84c0a40f1ed63278.jpg

Got mine from Retro spec, wide zg style in carbon. From the states and a few weeks wait, but can’t fault the fit at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Berry

Club Member
6a8a63efa801d5ab84c0a40f1ed63278.jpg

Got mine from Retro spec, wide zg style in carbon. From the states and a few weeks wait, but can’t fault the fit at all

They were going to be the place I was going to order from. I read a few mixed reviews so was dubious about ordering from them just incase they got damaged in transit and it’s a long way to sort out returns! Glad you got them ok and they do look a great fit

Dave B

Well-Known Forum User
They were well Packaged to be fair, wrapped in that spongy packaging paper, in a strong box with corner reinforcing strips.
Fit really is bob on...if I wanted to be really pedantic I found a small fault on one where the weave was joined and the gel coat was opaque on that bit. But it’s hardly noticeable and not going to kick off about it for what they cost. (Bout 425 including shipping and import duties)

Matt Berry

Club Member
They were well Packaged to be fair, wrapped in that spongy packaging paper, in a strong box with corner reinforcing strips.
Fit really is bob on...if I wanted to be really pedantic I found a small fault on one where the weave was joined and the gel coat was opaque on that bit. But it’s hardly noticeable and not going to kick off about it for what they cost. (Bout 425 including shipping and import duties)

Can’t complain with that, especially as they’re carbon fibre