Battery Req.

VERTEMATIDOG

Well-Known Forum User
Its that time of the year again, just tried to give the Z its weekly warm up and the battery is dead. Can anyone tell me the correct type ie output and model no for a 240Z . Is it best to stick to standard or can you uprate. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a batch of Varta D46 60Ah 420A four year warranty, good batteries and fit perfect in the 240 exact height for the frame to fit, Adrian

VERTEMATIDOG said:
Best quote ive had for this battery is £60 inc vat. does that sound about right?
Sounds dear

Just had a quote of £38+ vat !!

After a bit of sweet talk got it down to under £40 all in :)

Might be worth a bit more of a ring round :santa:

Dont go to halfords wife went there for a battery asked if they could fit it also and they said they could not fit to an Xantia according to their book. geez didnt realise undoing 2 10mm bolts was so hard lol.

Cafco Automotive, which is now all part of Motor Parts Direct.

Is a national company
Price may vary dept what discount they offer you. :)

adrianfr said:
I just bought a batch of Varta D46 60Ah 420A four year warranty, good batteries and fit perfect in the 240 exact height for the frame to fit, Adrian
Adrian have you/anyone got a good pic showing the org battery and clamp arrangement on a 240. :confused:

battery clamp

As you can see in the pic there is a square frame which fits over the battery and is secured at the front by a rod which hooks under the battery tray and at the rear by a 6mm bolt which screws into the baulkhead. Adrian.

Attachments

• sam 050 .jpg
    sam 050 .jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 54
Adrian I tried one of these batteries today but it didn't seem to be right :confused:
To align the battery clamps top bolt hole the live would have to touch the n/s inner wings brace. The live terminal is to high, either that or my clamp is wrong.
Where am I going wrong?

batter1.jpg

I will have a look at mine and report back, i think its a bosch, but will have info tmrw.

Mine has a light aircraft battery!!! Previous owner (Ross Hamilton) works with aircraft parts and thought it a good idea.

It won't go flat, won't leak, is half the size/weight of a standard jobbie and seems to put out 15V constantly.

Can't be bad 'coz they have started using them in WRC cars. I'll look for a part no if anyone interested?

My battery is playing up on me. Is there one that fits with the terminals far side of the bulkhead. I've nearly welded my spanner to the wing the last couple of times during removal.

900ss get a battery with the terminals the other way round so that the earth
terminal is near the n/s inner wing that what i have done

Zep, ALWAYS take off the earth terminal First, and re fit it last then you wont get welded spanners. Adrian

datsun dave said:
900ss get a battery with the terminals the other way round

I was going to do that as a last resort only !
Believe it or not I was trying to keep things original looking :)
Ended up with a diffo model Varta battery.

The only thing about having the terminals away from the bulkhead is that the leads are a bit tight and Daves idea you need a longer earth lead.I use an Exide Type ES8 WO69SE 60Ah £45 from a small independant motor factor (but it does help having known the manager for 30 years)

Back