BaT

johnymd

Club Member
It does look like a very nicely put together car with all the right bits. The americans do appreciate these cars and are happy to pay for the right car. In the UK you would struggle to get 2/3rds of this price.

Bazzateer

Club Member
Prices and values are all dependant on so many variables, not least of which is how much an individual is willing to pay and how much a seller is willing to accept.

While most of us might baulk at that price, clearly someone was happy with it.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
all fair points! imagine how much it would have gone for in 14’’ wheels and a proper 6-2 exhaust! $100000000

Some of you make me laugh !

All the chat about values and the consensus is that auctions are the only judges of a cars' sale value ! An then when there IS an auction, it's excused off eg "depends upon who is there on the day" etc, etc but this was in front of a worldwide audience and at least 5x bidders went up 'til +$50k with two up until the final bid so there were (are) several peopeople willing to pay serious money !

This is typical of the French equivalent of UK market Zs : https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1979467765.htm?ac=206978287

and imports :

https://www.lesanciennes.com/annonce/datsun-240z-1973-a415243

https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1970929011.htm

Imagine all you like but don't impose specific specs on car-builders....14", 'proper' exhaust and 4.4.....it's moronic:rolleyes:

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
I realised that was an oxymoronic statement.

As in, someone has massively overpaid for it, bar the carbs and wheels, just a car regular.

haha I know you did. Although to sell for 80k... it’s taken at least two interested parties to bid it up to it.. so if he overpaid for it... the person who lost out was still prepared to overpay almost as much..!

haha I know you did. Although to sell for 80k... it’s taken at least two interested parties to bid it up to it.. so if he overpaid for it... the person who lost out was still prepared to overpay almost as much..!

im always wary of bat because of that 'crook' 240guild and what's gone on with some of the high priced 240's.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
How so please ? What proof has been found ?

When somebody 'Likes' a post, they are - in effect - endorsing it. And yet you 'Like' a post and then - bizarrely - question it. It is... bizarre. Why do you do that?

For those that are unaware, the proprietor of 'The 240Z Guild' is a tried and convicted fraudster who is on to pastures new after serving time in a penitentiary for vintage car-related crime. Seems he's now found fertile grazing land in the Z scene. The allegations surrounding his involvement in the 'record setting' sale of a well-known Z on Bring A Trailer are that he 'fronted' the sale of a well-known customer's car, which was bid up and then bought back in by the owner under an assumed name. Having set the 'record' price for a BAT HLS30U 240Z sale at that point, the car was 'valued' above the BAT sale price and subsequently sold on to somebody who believed the hype. Kerching.

I remember you asking about him, and these allegations, before. Had you forgotten?