Azure Blue 350z in Sunderland saying hi!

OV53

Forum User
Alreet folks!

I am a regular member on the 350z-UK forum and have decided to join here to broaden my horizons and also to get to know some more North East Zed owners. On the 350z forum there seems to be a distinct shortage of North East members and any hopes of organising meets seem to fall by the wayside.

I am the proud owner of a 53 plate Azure Blue 350z. She was Evo magazine's long term tester and still has the Nismo V1 kit that they had fitted. I have owned her for just under 4 months and since then I have replaced the Cobra cat back system with a Motordyne resonated XYZ pipe and an Amuse R1 Titanium exhaust, replaced the cloth seats for Altezan leather seats, refurbished the 19" Rota GTRs in Satin Anthracite, replaced the panel filter for a Cosworth one, resprayed the centre console in Graphite, resprayed all covers and caps under the bonnet in Nissan Arctic white and changed the gearknob for a Nismo burnt titanium number. There are others in the photos too....

How she looked:

jehe4u3e.jpg

And the progress so far:

yjubytaj.jpg

avy6ada4.jpg

y9edeja2.jpg

asy2uze6.jpg

5y6yqa5e.jpg

ny6a9u3e.jpg

ubuveqyr.jpg

There is still a long way to go for this car and I hope to have her complete before Christmas. The plenum spacer and Revup remap are the next big ones and a couple of bodywork jobs are also on the agenda.

So, moving on, if you guys don't mind, I would like to use your forum to post up dates and locations for any Jap owners to come and have a crack and just to maybe try and build a good following. No changing of badges or nicking members, just a nice opportunity to get people together.

Thanks for looking,

Phil

Dale

Club Member
Welcome to the forum Phil. Nice motor, and great colour too ;)

You're right, there isn't a great deal of people in the North East that are in the club. I doubt you see many Zeds when you're out and about. I don't.

I sold my Azure last month unfortunately. Still have the 260z though, although she's not roadworthy so it'll be next year before its likely to see daylight.

I always wondered whether a big Zed meet at Nissan Sunderland would work. I'm sure Nissan would welcome it but I'm not sure about the turnout with it being so far north.

OV53

Forum User

You're right, there isn't a great deal of people in the North East that are in the club. I doubt you see many Zeds when you're out and about. I don't.

I sold my Azure last month unfortunately. Still have the 260z though, although she's not roadworthy so it'll be next year before its likely to see daylight.

I always wondered whether a big Zed meet at Nissan Sunderland would work. I'm sure Nissan would welcome it but I'm not sure about the turnout with it being so far north.

That sounds like an awesome idea, the only problem with Nissan is that there is absolutely nowt nearby! I could plug the idea for next year like. Leave that one with me!

Your car looks extremely nice man!

andrew muir

Club Member
I could make it only 90-100min drive quite local compared to some events!:D

Mr.F

Inactive
We have been invited to (and attended twice) the Nissan factory open day in the past. Maybe we still have contacts from that?

Mr HollowPoint

Well-Known Forum User
Hi mate, good to see you putting yourself about :D

I can vouch for just how nice this car looks in the flesh, as it was with us at Trax a few weeks back. Stonkin!

candy red

Club Member
welcome Phil car looks totes amazballs in that colour :lol: great pics love the angle of the last shot shame about the convertible Skoda in the background :lol:;)

OV53

Forum User
Hi mate, good to see you putting yourself about :D

I can vouch for just how nice this car looks in the flesh, as it was with us at Trax a few weeks back. Stonkin!

Aw cheers mate! I just need to get my engine bay as shiny and crazy as yours now....I am not worthy! :bow:

OV53

Forum User
I'll use this thread to say thanks for the welcome but I'm going to focus my attention on my other regular forums. In the short space of time that I have been visiting this site I can see that there is very little traffic and an injection of fresh blood is obviously not what some members are looking for.

So, apologies for stepping on the toes of you guys.

All the best.

sams-z350

Forum User
That's a tidy looking 350Z you're driving there. Azure Blue is by far the best colour of all of the ZEDs, mine is the same colour but on a 54 plate, I like the Alazan seats as well as it brightens up the cabin. The Rota's and the exhaust set it off as well.

dav350z

Club Member
That's a very nice looking zed you have there Phil. I had an Azure till I traded up to a 370. Your reg sounds familiar to me but I am not from the North East so not sure why?