Availability of brand new heated hatch glass?

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Is someone manufacturing rear hatch glass with heating elements for the S30 range?

I know a company that does make them for MZR but that design is exclusive to them for obvious reasons. I've requested a couple of quotes for a toughened glass version with visible elements (When the quote arrives, I will run a poll to see how many other members are interested to get a batch job).

However in the meanwhile, I thought to ask here in case there is common knowledge that I'm unaware of.

I need to replace all screen rubbers in mine as they are leaking and figured I should do the job once!

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I would have though the design for s30 rear glass with heating elements is owned by Nissan. Not sure what IP MZR could own in such a thing.
But anyway, I've never noticed a supplier of new glass.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I would have though the design for s30 rear glass with heating elements is owned by Nissan. Not sure what IP MZR could own in such a thing.
But anyway, I've never noticed a supplier of new glass.
From what I understand they go for a laminated (as opposed to toughened) glass with fine wire rather than the lines we know and love. Personally, I prefer the lines as it's more in keeping with the period look, but each to their own.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Think you will find that’s there available from pilkington glass special order 12-15 wks £550+
That's interesting, when I looked on Pilkington's it wasn't listed - do you have to call them to place the order?

Daytona

Club Member
I know Pilkington used to do these but they've changed owners over the last few years, so would be worth phoning them on 01527 505 827

From what I understand they go for a laminated (as opposed to toughened) glass with fine wire rather than the lines we know and love. Personally, I prefer the lines as it's more in keeping with the period look, but each to their own.

Make sure they go the right way!