Anyone seen 240z reg PDP 98M

snowbound396

New Forum User
Hi I am searching for 240z reg PDP 98M was then red with non standard alloys sold it mid 80's would like to see if it has survived the last 25years!! Was in Shropshire when sold:bow:I was not worthy!

Details from DVLA website say it hasn't been on the road since 1995....

The vehicle details for PDP 98M are:

Date of Liability 01 02 1995
Date of First Registration 21 09 1973
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2393CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour ORANGE
Vehicle Type Approval
This vehicle can be licensed at a DVLA Local Office without the V5C Registration Certificate

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £104.50
12 Months Rate £190.00

What's the story with this then?
Before SORN came in you could simply forget about a car, now you would have to notify them that it's scrapped or you'd keep getting the SORN's every year.

Would a car not licenced since '95 just be written off by the DVLA? I suppose they must have written off tens of thousands of cars.

What's the story with this then?
Before SORN came in you could simply forget about a car, now you would have to notify them that it's scrapped or you'd keep getting the SORN's every year.

Would a car not licenced since '95 just be written off by the DVLA? I suppose they must have written off tens of thousands of cars.

My understanding is that if before sorn came in to play,ie if the car is sat in a garage untaxed then it could remain as such until the owner changes the cars status in any way. Ie moves home, buys tax and from then on has to apply for sorn or tax.

I think you can deduct nothing from DVLA bar the obvious......they don't know where the car is or even if its still alive.

SORN was introduced for vehicles that had tax discs that expired on or after 31st January 1998.So the Z could be sitting in a barn somewhere awaiting 'restoration'?
Once it was returned to the road it would subsequently need to be SORN if not taxed.

On the other hand it could have been broken up, sold in parts, and the remains scrapped and although not strictly illegal no-one would ever be called to task on it.

Presumably the DVLA still have a registered keeper on their records.

Just curious is all. I think this is the best answer: SORN was introduced for vehicles that had tax discs that expired on or after 31st January 1998.

Back