alternative rear damper

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
My 280zx has just failed its MOT due to a leaking rear 22 way adjustable Leda damper.
This is the same one that failed before and I am wondering if anyone out there can suggest an alternative make and its cost as I have lost confidence with Ledas

Hi Steve,
What sort of damper do you want?
Do you want adjustable & if so, internal or external?

I've got Koni's in my 240Z & KYB's in my Skyline. I've also heard good things about Tokico's & Bilstein's.

Hi Steve,
There are two ways for you to go with this one.
First of all try a little weight reduction to ease the strain on the shocks.
Secondly, get some Tociko shocks from "You know who" in Essex like I did. They give a nice firm ride which is what we all want. What is the point of adjustables? I personally don't like to change position once I have got going, do you?
Pmac

Hi pmac
the chances of wieght reduction are somewhat slim if there was I woudn't be known as the fatboy
with regards to ride height I find that varity of the hight of the ride allows me to experiment untill I find the position that suits my car
I have to have adjustable dampers to suit the kaminari body kit otherwise the car loos plain stupid

After speaking to Mike Feeney decided to take the strut back to Leda for a rebuild. So impressed with thier service and helpfulness. Delivered it to them on Monday and they had it back to me by Friday, the fault was a damaged rod that was pulling the oil past the seal

Back