Alcantara Headlining

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
Has anybody got an Alcantara headlining in their Z? Do you like it? Do you have a picture you could share?

If you don't have one, would you at a reasonable price? I like the racey look they give but not sure if it would suit the Z. I don't see why it wouldn't. I think it would go well with my rear hoop and Corbeau GT8 buckets.

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
I like the idea, so in for pictures and updates

Any pics of ho the car stands currently?

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
No. Mine just has the standard vinyl headlining. I have far more important things to worry about before I get to the headlining but I was hoping someone would have done it/seen it/ got the T-shirt and photo. Lol

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
Since I am removing a sunroof from my car, I will eventually have to have the lining done, but its a fair off that point... sounds like a good idea though.

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
I like these kind of details. Alcantara headlining is an optional extra (along with everything else) on a BMW 5 series I was looking at.

Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 20.27.42.png

Huw

Club Member
I'm getting my seats done in it. It's bloody expensive at £70 per meter plus vat.

Huw

Club Member
Hi Matt. The stuff im using looks and feels like Alcantara, but it's supposed to be harder wearing and less prone to pilling on the seat face. It's even guaranteed for 10yrs against wear. Its called Comfort+. Really nice stuff. Has loads of shades. Can't honestly tell the difference between it and Alcantara . Comes in 1.4m widths so does most Alcantara also.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Huw would love to see pics of your seats when done!

Ali K

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah as would I. I have a pair of corbeau GT8 buckets that I bought off a rather nice chap who is a member here. I'd love to have them Alcantara'd. They already look the part, very 70's. Do a google search for them. Do you think the headlining would look ok in the 240Z?

Huw

Club Member
Will do. I think the headlining will look good in it. I'm having my door cards done also to match the seats, half pale grey half dark navy blue to match the rest of the interior. There are a couple of firms who do the Alcantara foam backed for headlining use, Martrim and AS Trimming.