Agm, At Billing

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
i do seem to remember sean passing comment a while ago on this subject but i cant seem to find it. so i'll pose a few questions within the text below.

i cant make billing but i would like to be able to vote for people who i would like to see on the commitee, is a postal vote possible ?( seans idea i think) after all its ok for a UK government to do this.

Who is going to put themselves up for election?

is there a list of names being put together?

is there a basic criterea that a person has to meet to be in a position?
(like being on the internet,or actually owning a z)

are all the positions within the club staying or more being added?

Interesting point Paul,
I would dearly love to attend Billing, but im not sure if I can, so a postal vote sounds a good idea.

I think the problem is just that Paul. No ready list of volunteers to vote for;
Why do you think we spiked your drink mate, we were hoping you would sign up for main part.
Don.

Hi Guy's ! Tired Wally today. I do like the idea of a postal or proxy vote as theres no way I can make Billing ( 3 month job at Chelsea FC )
I would like to put my name forward for the commitee, but i also realize that I don't have years of experience with the marque,,,I will leave that nugget for debate among those long time owners !:D I do have a lot of time spent in that environment however, and do think I could make a difference.
Grolls as well ! I would be terribly unhappy if he didn't put his name forward ! On the other hand I would not be terribly disapointed if he never again offered me some "grappa" ,,,,,ooooo my achin tummy,,,didn't feel much better till I got home late last night !!!:eek: :rolleyes: :Z31:

we were hoping you would sign up for main part.
Yep, its time for some changes, not just the main part either.

But first things first.
We need a copy of the club constitution posting on the forum.
Cos I fear that we will have to have an EGM to decide if we can alter the AGM so we can discuss the proposed changes, and then have a non postal vote to vote whether we can actually have a postal vote.... etc... etc... you know how it goes......
Oh and can we have an on line vote too???

pmac said:
Yep, its time for some changes, not just the main part either.

But first things first.
We need a copy of the club constitution posting on the forum.
Cos I fear that we will have to have an EGM to decide if we can alter the AGM so we can discuss the proposed changes, and then have a non postal vote to vote whether we can actually have a postal vote.... etc... etc... you know how it goes......
Oh and can we have an on line vote too???

thats just it pete, cut the tape...go for slimline, be more pro-active in the clubs direction and work smarter not harder!

just as an example i'm sure the swap meet did well funds wise and judging by the fun that was experienced over the two days ,the event will continue to grow and allow the club to pay its way slightly better towards the site as i know it was done on a shoe string!

what can be better than tea/coffee when ever you want it along with food and booze and all prices silly cheap and all the proffit going towards the club enabling those mags to still be printed if thats what the members wish for!

PRO ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP IS THE ONE AND ONLY KEY FOR A SUCCESSFUL CLUB. IF YOU HAVN'T HELPED OUT BEFORE AT AN EVENT, PM THE ORGANISER , I'M 100% SURE THEY WOULD LOVE THE HELP!

PRO ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP IS THE ONE AND ONLY KEY FOR A SUCCESSFUL CLUB. IF YOU HAVN'T HELPED OUT BEFORE AT AN EVENT, PM THE ORGANISER , I'M 100% SURE THEY WOULD LOVE THE HELP!
Paul I ran Heart of England group for 3 years. Also put on a club display at the NEC for 3 years.(with lots of help from others)
The last major event that I did with HOE was a two day weekend away which involved planning and checking a route, researching and organizing Hotels etc. On the first day the joint organizer and me turned up. No one else.
I guess that the then 600 members of the Club were trying to tell me summat, so i took the hint and stood down.
So Ive been there.. done that... and I dont wear the t shirt. In fact I seldom wear my Z Club hat now.
So its your turn now. I think you will make a good committee member so put your name forward for the top job, or one near the top. All the existing committee will stand down at the AGM prior to the vote taking place.

Thats a shame pete, as true as that is, (also been there) bet grolls feels so much better now.

Don.

pmac said:
Paul I ran Heart of England group for 3 years. Also put on a club display at the NEC for 3 years.(with lots of help from others).
I know you did pete. i also know you had to pay for a locombe to run your shop on a saturday too, so yes you used to put alot of effort in and others did too. with reference to a little turn out at HOE and indeed to some other events around the country is this possibly due to appathy setting in to some of the club membership and the commitee. There are too many past tense statements made in the last few posts, where as there is a wealth of information out their just waiting to be tapped upon if members would only come forward and offer it and i dont mean organising a full on show, it only takes a phone call or pm just to offer advice or a helping hand.

As for me going for a commitee job, i dont think i have the full understanding of the clubs workings or the time at the moment to make such a commitment, however i am willing to help out where and when i can but i can say ask me the same question next year and you may get a different response.

Hi grolls, sounds like the Swap meet went well, and you guys had a great time my meet down here went well on the Sunday too, I am not on the commitee and seem to do alot organising local meets etc, but I don't think you have to be a commite member to make the changes happen although we might have more swing if we were, I too are quite happy to put in my time and effort as well as my own money in, as we had a right laugh on sunday even though it rained all day,we had a good turn our ,( for a loacl meet) it's the people who make the event's. like yourselves, havent met you yet can't wait, shame you're not going to Billing could have shared my beers!!!
Keep up the good work we will make the Club evolve.!

Nick...

Zed2k said:
Hi grolls, sounds like the Swap meet went well, and you guys had a great time my meet down here went well on the Sunday too,...
Hi Nick, im glad your meet went very well too but i do think organising meets much more in advance makes it a damn site easier and then they dont clash! i'm not blaming anyone but it does seem rather silly to have two or more meets on at the same time as im sure everyone will agree, after all the cars we drive are Japanese and are very capable of driving long distance if the driver is willing!

oh and i'd love to try one of your beers Nick (just one mind, i would hate to be called a Pi** head...lol)

Hi Nick Hi Grolls,
Glad to hear your meet went well Nick.
Im sure the guys from the committee are takin this all in, (Eh Steve). Ive counte 3 new interested committee Men so far. I agree Nick, even on a local basis we can make a big difference, Ok it costs a few quid, and i suppose sooner or later that will become a bind, and without the clubs backing the smaller events might fold through despondancy in the end, or until someone else has a go, much like pmacs situation. However, maybe this time, hopefully this time, we can make a difference, by using this, the clubs site to bring to everyone attention, that; there IS a new momentum in the air, new members ARE willing to be pro-active, so give us a little assistance and support.
Grolls, I also belong to another club, (not cars, dont ask, kinda anoraks really), they have lots of club do's, and if you want to stage one as a local thing, you have to fit into the club calendar, otherwise they wont let you advertise it in the mag or on the web, its first come first served, and this way, functions are well in advance. Makes more sense this way. Better add this one to our dossier Paul. (Whos gonna carry into the agm). Keep up the good work guys.
Don.

can someone that has the power, remove the swapmeet banner as this distracts from the next event..;)

a fiver says it will be one of two ppl!

a note to the commitee; can the AGM be moved to a later date so more ppl can attend if a postal vote isn't allowed. i have a feeling there will be much more input and probably more beneficial to club members. i know its asking alot!

wheels are in motion!
The AGM was first advertised in the March copy of the magazine.
A letter is going out to all members next week, asking them for thier views if they can not attend the AGM.

It is hard enough to get people to attend meetings without chopping and changing dates.
The fact is it is very hard to get people to AGMs, where were you all at last years? (and don't say you didn't know, I had advertised it in two magazines in the lead up to the event)

Fat chance I think Paul, but good idea.

I vote we hold it Nr Tonbridge Kent. Lots of good hotel bars. Any night, at approx 6pm will be ok with me.
Don.

Suzy, i appreciate what you've done so far you do obviously work very hard for the club ( and for nowt too) in response to the questions "where were you the last few years" and "its been in the mag since march" my respose would be that i really never paid that much attention to what happens within the club ranks as i'm a fairly new member myself and still on a learning curve, however after trying to help out Derek at the swap meet and plying others with booze ( shame i cant go the distance) i soon found out some home truths that dissapointed me to say the least! The best way i can respond to what i heard is to try and make a difference, but i cant if no letters or votes cant be seen or used at the AGM if some members cant attend.

Don't lose heart, I realise you want to attend and wish that more active people like yourself were at AGMs.
Yes a letter and your views can be heard at the AGM - please e-mail me or post under the thread I have started asking for peoples views, I will certianly present them on your behalf.
Postal/internet voting is not possible this year, it has never been an issue before, this is something the newly elected committee can discuss, I'll add it to the adgenda.

Suzy, in the posts that you all are doing would it be possible for those who don't wish to continue please say so as im sure there are others that would like to move jobs within the committee and some club members that would like to be given a chance within it. Seeing those posts is also giving an outlook to those within the club to see how much time and dedication it takes to be an active committee member and is obviously not one taken light heartidly. thanks for your hard work! Paul.

Back