Advice needed 260z shocks

Big Zed's

Club Member
We picked up new springs and dampers from the late Mike Feeney a couple of years ago, we've finally got around to putting the front suspension together and found we have play on the springs.
They'll twist about half an inch or so.

Could we have the wrong springs / dampers or is there something we've missed.

I would gladly travel with them for some advice

We're in Hoddesdon, Herts and Essex.

Thanks

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
how / when do they twist? do you mean with the car on its wheels, they rotate about the damper axis? rock side to side?
or is it that if the car is lifted off its wheels and the struts/springs go to full extension, the springs are a little loose between bottom and upper perches?
(the latter is normal on a lowered spring for sure)

Big Zed's

Club Member
Yeah, these haven't been fitted to the car yet.

They rotate and move slightly up and down, these are fully extended at the moment.

We didn't ask for lowered, perhaps we got the wrong set.

Would be handy to get them looked at, just to be certain, any ideas?

Then we can sort out replacing the lowered ones with regular ones, if that's the case.

Thanks

status

Well-Known Forum User
When you got em on and if it’s lowered I might be interested,I might even have my old standard ones somewhere,I’m only up the road from you

Big Zed's

Club Member
When you got em on and if it’s lowered I might be interested,I might even have my old standard ones somewhere,I’m only up the road from you
Sorry, Just got back from Cyprus, I would prefer to pick up a new set of standard springs, the lowered ones I would sell. Where could I pick up a new set?

status

Well-Known Forum User
Have you got the lowered springs fitted as I’d like to have a look so as to see how it sits