A 280ZX for sale in Practical Classics

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
This company have a 1982 280ZX for sale in Practical Classics magazine, for £2.5k....
Malcolm C. Elder

82dat.jpg

Are they stock wheels, or are they off a Celica Supra?
Cheerz,
JEZ

I know this car well, it used to belong to Bob Martin one of my customers, I looked after it for a few years. Nice car, he PX'd it for an Alfa Duetto, in yellow, very nice.
They have put a huge markup n the price, I know how much Bob sold it for!

Hi,
I think the Supra wheels look quite good... nicely chunky and still have the iron cross theme......A black interior would look better though...If only it had a Turbo too!
Cheerz,
JEZ

Yes they are 7x14" Celica Supra alloys. I have a set for sale (cheap). Came off a 280ZX that had a Ferrari lookalike kit on it cos I ve got the centres with the Prancing horse on them!!!!

dare i stick my neck out and say i never liked the look of the 280, but i do think that look down right mean! i like it!

i do think that look down right mean!

The fact that its based on the 2 seater helps hugely! Perhaps someone will take inspiration from those pics and save another 280 from the "rot in hell" fate!

id'd ;ovr too mr f, but ive got rather a lot on my plate at the mo! that reminds me i owe you a bucket load of cash....be round next week...ta

No Jez it was a 2+2. Looked Ok in places but awful in others. It was a "work in progress!" as they say.
I didnt pay much attention as it wasnt included in the deal that I was involved with.
I just picked up the wheels and the centre caps!! Car was on some wire things as I remember.
Any one want these wheels then???????

Back