6.2 mile trackday circuit?

Mr.F

Inactive
A bit more info:

"On the 7th June this year Bovington Camp in Dorset is the setting for a unique charity track event in aid of the very worthy charity Help for Heroes.

Please see this link.

PistonHeads Headlines

Currently 98 of the 150 places are sold.

I would also point out that this is a fully marshalled and controlled event and will run of the principal of one 6 mile lap before queuing to be released again.

Could you please make your members aware of this opportunity please.

All money collected is being passed to the organiser, Major J Cameron."

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Quite interested but it's a fair way from Hinckley (not as far as the Nurburgring though).

Last edited by a moderator:

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
I'd better make my mind up quick! 6.2 miles as quick as you want to go, or open pit lane track day???

GTR-240Z

Well-Known Forum User
Damn wish I had the money for this highly unlikely there will be any places left by the 21st when I'm paid otherwise I would be up for this.:(

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Ok I've just paid up anyone going to join me? there are 2 350z on the list as well as some other cool machines.

zman240uk

Club Member
Once a upon a time this was a Sprint venue, but in a much shorter guise, till it got knobbled by the MOD. :unsure:
Some words of advice.
It is very wide and undulating, so is a pretty exciting venue.
Mostly made up of smooth concrete which is extemely abrasive and will wreck any track orientated tyres very quickly.
If its dry on the day the venue will be very dusty, making the short tarmac sections pretty slippery.
Lastly, the track is very wide, but there is absolutely no run off anywhere. If you dont disappear down one of the deep trenches then you will probably hit one of the very large concrete tank traps. Dont want to be a killjoy, but have seen some nasty smashes at this venue.

Have fun :devil:

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Cheers for that, I have booked a place, don't scar me now, lol I just had to go for it as haven't been on track for ages, so will let you know what it's like I' will be taking it easy, I think they're letting people off at 10 second intervals so will be interesting abit like Goodwood used to do.