300zx z32 0-95mph in 17 secs non turbo

johnymd

Club Member
I'm in 4th by this time but should see 95 in 3rd. Twin turbo 1JZ engine (standard internals).

tel240z

Club Member
Hmm i'm at a hundred and four in 3rd in 13.6 seconds, l28 forged pistons s14 box 3.7 diff 225 45 17 rubber

nncferreira

Well-Known Forum User
As he said :devil: i dont usually look at the rev counter at that moment in time but its in between 7 and 8 grand, remember theres another two gears yet as for the limit probably 135ish not bad for suck squeeze bang blow

240z l28 vs 1jz - YouTube Here's me and johns bit of fun

Do you accept a challenge? ahhaha:rofl::bow:

Will you be in the japfest2 show? I'd be very happy to see your car.:cheers:

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
For info

Tel
A few years back we did a JTuner event at Bruntingthorpe using state of the art GPS (Datron). With a standing start on the 2 mile straight mine did just over 140mph and at that time it was a similar state of tune to yours, given enough room it could have made a little more, after that the S30's aerodynamics will make it very hard to go faster without loads more power and body mods etc, as a guide, Phil Ellicots 1JZ car did just over 150 with around 350 HP, meaning that 100HP gained 10 mph.....its exponential.

nncferreira
Don't underestimate these S30's, ;) and don't race Tels car.... the "egg on face" look is not a pretty one:D
A little research looking at the clubs Hall Of Fame will show you that the quickest NA Z32 is around 14.5 seconds (1/4 mile) the quickest S30 NA L6 is around 12.5 seconds........in real terms if the two cars met, the S30 would win by around 20 car lengths, that car will do 0-100 in 9 seconds and 0-60 in under 4.
Tels car runs 13.6 on the 1/4 that means that he would cross the line around 50 metres ahead of you.

For additional info mine does 0-112 in 12.5 seconds and yes thats in 3rd gear

Last edited by a moderator: