300zx.co.uk celebrations for 25 years of the Z32

RichardSmith

Club Member
2014 is the 25th anniversary of the Z32 - and 300zx.co.uk is marking the occasion!!!

The 300zx.co.uk club is organising a special dedicated event to celebrate 25 years of these fine cars - and Steve Burns has kindly given his blessing for me to come over here and cordially invite ALL members of the Zclub to join us!!!

On Saturday July 19th 2014 we are holding a mass get-together at The Coventry Transport Museum. Please see here for further details:

Bring your Zed and park it with pride on Millennium Place - right outside the museum for the duration. Entry is free........

There are of course some minor rules though, what with this being a very public venue....

The museum requests that drip mats or trays are used if necessary (you must provide your own) to minimise the risk of oil contaminating Millennium Place; and cars are free to be displayed between the hours of 10am and 4.30pm; in fact we must all vacate the area by 4.30.

Also, whilst everyone is welcome to join us, please be advised that the display on Millennium Place is restricted to Zeds ONLY. If you do arrive in any car other than your Zed, regrettably you will have to park in any one of the public car parks near the museum. Apparently there is a car park adjacent to the museum which costs £3 at the weekend...

We all hope to see you there - and, so that we can gauge the number of visitors, please register your interest in this thread - we'll add your names to our list over on .co.uk!!

We will confirm those definitely attending nearer the time; as we will need to take car registrations of those wanting to exhibit on Millennium Place. Due to public liability insurance implications, attendees will have to be "checked off" on a pre-prepared list; so please do not leave it until the day of the celebrations and hope to turn up and be permitted vehicle access to the event!!

Thank you!!

Richard
On behalf of 300zx.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:

Lexx

Well-Known Forum User
It should also be mentioned that at this time we plan on only letting 240/260/280 and Z32 300zx onto the Millennium Place.
All other models of vehicle will be directed to a nearby public car park.

RichardSmith

Club Member
You're excluding Z31 300ZX...?
No Z33 or Z34?

Nope - all Zclub members are welcome in any genre of Zed......:thumbs:

However we are limited for space on Millennium Place and, depending on the level of interest, we may have to compile a "reserve" list and prioritise which incarnations of Z take pride of place.....

Lexx

Well-Known Forum User
Apologies for that. I didn't explain it very well.
Thanks for clarifying Richard.

z32bolt

Well-Known Forum User
You're excluding Z31 300ZX...?
No Z33 or Z34?

The 33 and 34 arnt proper zeds anyways, may aswel have called them the 350/370sx. I jest of corse.
Be good to see a wide variety of fairlady metal, helps to make a better show and helps the public identify the family tree. You may not necessarily notice if you weren't in the know that certainly the 240z the 280zx and z32 are very different at first glance.

Mr.F

Inactive
the 240z the 280zx and z32 are very different at first glance.

The 240Z/260Z, the 280zx, the Z31 and Z32 are very different at first glance - but given each step side by side you can see the design lineage quite clearly...

z32bolt

Well-Known Forum User
The 240Z/260Z, the 280zx, the Z31 and Z32 are very different at first glance - but given each step side by side you can see the design lineage quite clearly...

Exactly my point, so getting a few together "lined up" makes it far more apparent.

RichardSmith

Club Member
Just a small amendment to my initial post - apparently having heard back from the museum today, we cannot access Millennium Place until 10am - not 9 as I originally posted above.... Sorry for the error folks...:eek:

And to restate, ALL Zclub members in ANY generation of Z-car are welcome to join us on the day to celebrate, not just the 25th anniversary of the Z32 model, but also the 45th year of the car that kicked the whole thing off for us - the original 240z!!!

As Alex says, sorry for any confusion in the first couple of posts.... Hope to see you there!!

Richard:thumbs:

Gaz 300

Well-Known Forum User
Update on numbers we now have 50 300zx members on the list and growing I have also been in touch with the media (Banzai and Pistonheads) who are keen to highlight the event.So dont miss out guys this promises to be a BIG day and is starting to snowball.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I may be available to come over for this in a Z but I'm on holiday in the Lakes until the Fri eve. (18th). All being well I'll make it.

I can recommend the Coventry Transport Museum too - I've been around it many times.

Gaz 300

Well-Known Forum User
I may be available to come over for this in a Z but I'm on holiday in the Lakes until the Fri eve. (18th). All being well I'll make it.

I can recommend the Coventry Transport Museum too - I've been around it many times.

Sounds good Rob it would be great to have you there, We will be taking car details nearer the date so watch this thread Rob.

RichardSmith

Club Member
Thanks for your support fellas - the list is looking pretty healthy so far.......

......Her is the latest list of attendees; I will update it both on 300zx.co.uk and here as necessary!!

1. RichardSmith
2. Lexx
3. Iangreenfield
4. Harby300
5. Artztogo
6. Darkside TT (maybe)
7. Dicky96
8. Groover
9. Keymeister
x. Sir Charles (maybe; public parking as no ZX)
10. Osty1
11. EvoluZion3
12. Roobarb (maybe)
13. 300zx_666 (Full weekend)
14. JoleyP
15. T.Mogsy (hopefully in a ZX.....)
16. sdriver73
17. KJZ32
18. z32bolt
19. 02pmal
20. 300 Zedx
21. Jonce
22. bird
23. gray
24. Bantambunny
25. Bantambunny Senior
26. jasonvalentine
27 daZvert
28 djj
29. PaulZX
30. Rata2ie
31. toolboxtrev
32 winnoze
33 rolandas
34 PhilP
35 Ciaranz
36. Mondo
37 zed racer
38. (adl) phoenix
39. Craig
40 Acraig
41. dzx
42. 300zx 666
43. marknexus
44 lil Stevie
45 Patrol7r
46 TonyB
47 Jan
48. BigH
49. Mark Derby
50. Ted
51 Redbaron
52 Keano
53 Superdry Zclub
54 Rob Gaskin Zclub
55. Vodkashots
56. Candy Red (Zclub)
57. Chappo123 (Zclub)
58 Krazeedude
59 Baz
60 Cheshire300zx
61. Funkysi. Maybe

Last edited by a moderator:

RichardSmith

Club Member
Thanks for the interest Derrick and Steve (Candy Red and Chappo123); you are now on the list too guys!!

Look forward to seeing you there.....

Richard

Lexx

Well-Known Forum User
Morning folks.

Could those who wish to attend please PM me their name and their cars reg number. Also the type of vehicle they will be arriving in.
(No details will be passed on to any third party and number plate records will be deleted once the event is over. It's purely for security and to make arriving and parking at the event as smooth as possible).

I will be sending out information packs in the next few weeks.

Mrs HollowPoint

Well-Known Forum User
It's nice to see something happening to mark the occasion, and it looks like the final planning is in place. Enjoy your day, and I hope to see some news and pics here on zclub.