280ZX on Ebay!

Didnt Brian K have one like that some time ago that his son in law drove for a bit.
This looks like it might be worth buying(shame about the auto bit) Sad circumstances too.

Looks like a nice, well looked after one!

Sorry to see the reason for sale thou :(

I always wonder about sales like this... whats the protocol? Can you knock them down as much as you would a normal sale?

I don't think it's fair to take advantage of the poor woman, but if I feel that if I felt the car is over priced I would tell her that I couldnt afford it as it would need this, this and this done to it and would she be prepared to accept...."£XXX".. I wouldn't be pushy and I wouldn't dare to take the piss though.

Being RESPECTFUL is the key.

MrG240Z said:
I don't think it's fair to take advantage of the poor woman, but if I feel that if I felt the car is over priced I would tell her that I couldnt afford it as it would need this, this and this done to it and would she be prepared to accept...."£XXX".. I wouldn't be pushy and I wouldn't dare to take the piss though.

Being RESPECTFUL is the key.
Well obviously! It would still play on my mind though, that she was trying to pull a fast one with a sob story...

God does no one have any faith in human nature anymore?

Why do we always think the worse and not take things at face value?

Maybe I'm too trusting but I'd would rather give the benfit of the doubt than always assume the worse.
I have no idea who is selling this car but I don't think anyone would believe they would get more for a car on e-bay by giving a sob story - you would be more suspious if they didn't give a reason for selling!

The car is on e-bay, it's an auction, bid what you think it is worth and leave it at that.

It's an auction, if your bid wins it's yours. you don't win then go and argue the price. Surely if you're interested you'll go and look first then bid up to your estimate of its worth.

The car is on e-bay, it's an auction, bid what you think it is worth and leave it at that.

wot she said!!!

Many inexperienced buyers get diverted by trivia when attempting to purchase a car.
buying a car is a commodity transaction. Two things matter. Price and condition of item.
Thats it. Nothing more to it.
The people , personalities, circumstances, reasons etc are all irrelevant. Those who dwell on all the trivia seldom if ever make a purchase, in my experience.

Heres how Ive done it this week...
Saw Ebay ad. Read it carefully and decided on a price.
Contacted seller once as a VITAL piece of information was missing.
Seller gave satisfactory answer and at the same time disclosed the reserve(fool!)
Placed bid.
Sit back and watch.
Auction ended.
Im the winner.
One more call to advise collection and cash payment.
Pick up soon.
Job done(well nearly)

Just note .. I have no idea of reason for sale, name of sellers cat, or what he does for a living. i havent even seen the car or a picture(its a breaker so who cares what it looks like.)
All I have is a printed description of what the car is and what is good/not working. So long as the car fits that description then I will hand over the money.

So carry on wasting yer time chatting about this car and its story if you have nothing better to do or as Suzy says... if you want it ...place a bid.;)

Hi,
I would have a bid if it weren't for my Z32 taking up the garage space!
Is/was this car a club member's car?

Back