280 Exhaust

bro973x

Well-Known Forum User
I thought I would let you all know,as if you don't know already,;), That my 280 has a transit 2.5ltr exhaust on it. After cutting down the length,it fits perfect and sounds awesome.!! So remember that one! The rear box is the same size as my original..:bow:

And you wouldn't believe how much weight I've put on....I used to be 6lbs 4oz's....It was a LWB Transit Tipper

Hi,
Useful to know!...which part did you have to cut down?..and how much is a Ford Tranny exhaust?
My exhaust appears to have had bits replaced by an exhaust shop and also has a Halfords back box!:eek:....Sounds ok though!

my_280zx_181.jpg

Hi everyone! My lovely children have kept me busy for the weekend...I used a 53 plate twin cab tipper exhaust and cut down the middle pipe.and fixed it to my manifold. The rear box has a heavy duty U clamp which secures it above. You can't go wrong! But I don't know how much it costs because I nicked it!!! And Sean, Didn't I tell you this during our converse? Should've done..

The new catalyst by the way fitted inside the pipes after cutting 4 grooves at the ends

280 exhaust help

Hi guys,

New poster... sorry to hijack the thread - the rear box has gone on my 280 but have had no lucj finding parts. Do any of you know where exhaust parts for the 280zx might still be available.

I've tried the usual suspects to no avail - looks like I might have to get on made up by Powerflow... any help greatly appreciated.

CI

Hi,
I don't think original exhaust parts are still available.....Better to get one made up by an exhaust shop...Then you can have your own choice of tailpipe too!

CISMITH...I havent been on for a while 'cause of my lovely children being on school hols but if you want ,I have got a spare Tranny box for you..!!!

Back